Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
alamichhane1's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 21st, 2017 9:06 PM

Closed

Not getting full AT&T fiber speed

I installed the ATT fiber internet today in my apartment. I was pretty excited to see how the 1GBPs internet works but turns out it is slower than the previous one I had from Spectrum. The speed test is barely giving me 100mbps download and around 200mbps upload speed. I am having a problem loading up 1080p youtube videos. 

The router they installed is BGW210, and I also have U-Verse but right now, it is not in use. How do I fix this internet speed? I am only getting 10% of what I am supposed to get. 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Internal Network hardwire is CAT 7A. Been doing this for nearly 30 years, so yes the equipment is capable and setup correctly. Had a friend that works network security at CDC take a look just as a sanity check and he found no issues on internal. Had a tech come out and he replaced the fiber ends 3 time and finally got a decent stable connection. Typical speeds currently running about 550 down/800 up.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah sounds like it's their end. Do you have the fiber unit inside the house or is it outside?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I Agree they need to run the Fiber as a straight run from the outside fiber box to there Fiber Box in the home. The signal loss is huge from the fiber jumpers they are using. It needs to be a straight run as your not getting 1000 Mbs as Advertise

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

yes The installed their fiber conversion box inside to Copper

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I wonder what your light levels are. Do you have cat7 coming from their fiber box to the gateway 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Fiber to 7A.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Will Swiyc out Patch Cable

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

So I also have 93.3 mbps speed test but can run 8k videos with no buffering. Could it really be 933mbps but the speed test are showing incorrect info?

It takes about 3min for a 1.5gb file

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

how are you running these videos

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

youtube

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.