Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
alamichhane1's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 21st, 2017 9:06 PM

Closed

Not getting full AT&T fiber speed

I installed the ATT fiber internet today in my apartment. I was pretty excited to see how the 1GBPs internet works but turns out it is slower than the previous one I had from Spectrum. The speed test is barely giving me 100mbps download and around 200mbps upload speed. I am having a problem loading up 1080p youtube videos. 

The router they installed is BGW210, and I also have U-Verse but right now, it is not in use. How do I fix this internet speed? I am only getting 10% of what I am supposed to get. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

agree totally, and get this, I was a TWC customer for 5 years internet and TV combo, had been with AT&T prior with Uverse bundle.

left TWC when it became Spectrum, they had no desire to keep my business as Spectrum. AT&T wouldnt allow me to have a "NEW" customer bundle rate because Uverse hadnt closed my account. I think you have to pick with provider that gives you at least one thing they promise so you can enjoy that while you are being screwed. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

All the techs want to do is the bare minimum & hurry up & go home.

I work in the same field & they are lazy & talk to you as though you have no clue of what anything is, a modem & a router is not complicated to understand or to “difficult” differentiate & they give you no customized experience & just act as though there’s no solution to anything & things are just the way they are.

But obviously what you would expect from someone that doesn’t really care about the customer.

They aren’t the ones paying for the service & expecting the guaranteed QUALITY customer service so they just come by, do the bare minimum & leave.

They should be penalized for coming to a residence with the same issue more than one & I promise they will stop just plugging in wires & powering things up & leaving within the same hour they arrived & never even making sure the connection is stable.

A full weekend & a Monday wasted without any internet & I get 1 bar AT&T LTE on my iPhone, thank you AT&T, I’m in the midst of job hunting & thank you for making me late & or having to reschedule appointments. I doubt if you were looking into a candidate to hire you would surly consider them after them being late or having to reschedule, or in the words of not my future employers generally demonstrating my inability to commit & be repectfully prompt when asked to do something with a deadline, a deadline obviously made for a reason, definitely not made to fail at meeting it.

Due to the lack of urgency of tech support & for about 2 1/2 years now, not even understanding how poor your cell service is AT MY HOME & for 6 months or so you have also overlooked how poor your interent access hardware is.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Good morning to all,

Same thing here at home. When first installed I got 900-980 and a couple of weeks ago.... 650-800...

Tech tried even switching router and run tests in her ipad. No solution... which makes no sense....

I had cable for 15 years... the tech only needed to check the connection two times... With att... it is a constant issue and they don't get it right...

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I've had the same problem.  The phone/chat techs are a waste of time.  The onsite techs who are decent yet undertrained, claim I should be lucky to see anything above 400.  However symmetrical 400 is close enough to my previous ISP, that it may be worth going back.  I GOT THAT SPEED.

And today 6ms ping (was better on cable) and 70megs down/66 up. . . 

SHAME ON AT&T!!!

I WANT THE GIGABIT FIBER THAT YOU SOLD ME!!!

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

6 years ago

Sure am hoping that my experience here in Livonia, Michigan does not turn out to be any of these experiences.  I ordered the 1000Mbps service Friday, January 19, 2018 and my first install date they promised was Monday, February 5, 2018.  But so far ATT has not even been able to get me installed for the past 3 weeks.  They keep telling me that they have had equipment failures at the neighborhood terminal, they can't get the neighborhood terminal to sync with the main office, and they had engineering problems, so I am hopeful that my 4th promised install date of Monday, February 12, 2018 will pan out and that I will get the speed that I am paying for, the 1000Mbps service.  Please pray for me since I am not getting a warm fuzzy feeling reading all of the nightmare stories here in the forum.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hi. You might get 900+ for 6 months.
Then around 400-500 .
Probably It is in the contract that you signed. Praying doesn't help, I tried already.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Right now I’m having that same issue only gett 70 to 166 down I’ve had the service for 5 days and haven’t had anything close to 1 gig I’ve called had people come out and still no solution. I’m paying for a service I can’t even use cause they have no idea what’s wrong or have any intention on fixing the issue. Yea I’m getting bent over.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Oh.. ATT knows... they just sell you the bandwidth, and the more people connect... the lower your speed.

Then.... if you have techs at your home trying to "fix" the "unfixable" they will charge you $99.

But... your speed it is too low... did you try "wired connection"? That's your true speed. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

What is the speed of your NIC in your computer that you are running the speed test from? That will make a difference. I get around 100 megs on my older PCs while on my newer PCs with a 1 gbit NIC in them, I get closer to what I am paying for. Also, you may want to run the speed test built into your fiber modem. I run that test and always get just under a gigabit.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I live in a rural area, I’m paying for 12mbps (really, no zeroes missing) and rarely get it. I’ve been trying to get my issue resolved for more than a year. We have no other provider, so we’re screwed. I’ve had techs out here 5 times, they all find something wrong and fix it, but then there’s still something else wrong. And we’re still on copper, which they say they will NOT upgrade. One useful thing I can contribute: you can make a complaint to the FCC.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.