For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
scottshiv's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 8:44 PM

gigapower speeds getting worse

Here I am back in the house of pain. My gigapower speed is even worse than last summer. 600 down and 132 up. Resetting the gateway doesn't have any impact. When is ATT going to fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I hear you, I've never seen mine passing the 590 mark download, to me it is weird, the upload some times goes as high as 890, but the download, never. Several techs have gone to the house, several hours with customer support, always a different answer, never a solution. I would think if you advertise 1gbps you would get something close to that, I'll even give it a 20%- for the speed, but no. First they said minimum guaranteed speed was 600, last time i called the supervisor told me it was 500 on my area. I would recomment that they take out the false adversting of 1gbps then, obviously the network is not capable/updated. They know they have this problem, they don't want to fix it. It is obvious they have a lot of complaints in my area. Too bad in the area where i live there is no other internet services available, i rather pay the same for less speed, but have a transparent service provider.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

they are mucking w/ the network.. customer service told me to switch carriers today due to an ongoing issue for 3 weeks that no one can solve.. apparently customer service works off ticket resolution times, which is why they roll trucks so often.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.