Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
KMFP999's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 27th, 2014 3:36 PM

Why is my gigapower so slow on the download, but quick on the browse

This is extremely frustrating. Am i missing something, with gigapower so slow on the download, but quick on the browse, and 300MBPS on the ATT.com/speedtest? It's taken 1 hr + to download a 942 MB file. That's not what the advertising says.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

You have to realize that not every website has a 300mb pipe feeding it. You are limited to the bandwidth that the site allows you to use. I've seen this issue even on a 12mb connecting like I have. Not all websites can supply the full speed that you have available to you. The speedtest site obviously can, but the site you are downloading from is not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I see slowdowns consistently across a variety of big name sites: Google, Youtube, Yahoo, etc... I seem to need to reboot my router daily which does seem to help (or it could just be a sugar pill). No matter how sluggish websites are to load, speedtest always reports above 150-200mbps.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I am also experiencing the same.  I have my equipment connect lan, even netflix, watch espn freeze.  I am sick and tired of it My download speeds are between 10 and 20.  

When you call support you get someone you can't understand or they can't understand you.  I need help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.