Helpful Links

Using alternative RG unit?


Using alternative RG unit?

Posted a similar question under installation, didn't get much traction so reposting under equipment.


Wanting to use alternative RG instead of the one provided, don't really want to use the passthru method.


Does the new equpment still come locked to the ONT with a 802.1x cert? Anyway way to dump the supplied RG?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Using alternative RG unit?

If want Uverse have to have AT&T RG or no connection on Uverse without.
If have ONT, fiber to the premise, must be a leased RG 3800, 3801, or 589 where available.
Lease fee is $7 per month.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support