18 Messages

10 years ago

It should be the same as down (300)

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, again!

Did brafish answer your question? You can find more information about GigaPower here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

I am getting about 320 both up and down

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

sent private to Marianne

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

what speed test site are you using, and what NIC/direct connect to the gateway or what?

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

this is the site that they gigapower techs use:  http://www.att.com/speedtest/

I have also used speedtest.net and tested against the Temple Texas location per instructions from a gigapower tech

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

There are a few sites to test your speed:

Your results should be more or less same.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having an issue with my upload speed.  In Houston I have the 1GB service and I am only getting an average of a 350 MB upload while I get between 800-900 down.  I thought the speeds were supposed to mirror?

I am on a Desktop running Win7 and connected directly to the gateway via LAN

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

NO internet service, that I'm aware of, has an upload speed equal to the download speed. I am dsl, and i get six megabits down, and one half of a megabit (512 k) up.

My parents have cable, and while they get upwards of 75 mbps down, they only get about 7-10 mbps up.

Truth is, that is just as well, because the way it works, you are typically downloading way more than you''d ever upload.

Even under the new fcc broadband standars, it's like 30 mbps down, and 3-5 mbps up.

Just the nature of the beast.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Some services do have symetric data rates, but it's rare.  Actually, I think Gigapower 300 was 300/300.  

When allocating limited bandwidth resources (e.g. frequency bands on copper on the last mile, fibers and frequencies on multi-mode fibers), most data is flowing downstream and so more resources are provided to carry data in that direction.  The bandwidth limitations placed on subscribers normally reflects this reality.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.