Accepted by topic author rolfl
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Upstream speed?

It should be the same as down (300)
Message 2 of 14 (2,528 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

Did brafish answer your question? You can find more information about GigaPower here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 14 (2,479 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I am getting about 320 both up and down
Message 4 of 14 (2,381 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

sent private to Marianne

Message 5 of 14 (2,374 Views)
Mentor

what speed test site are you using, and what NIC/direct connect to the gateway or what?
Message 6 of 14 (2,348 Views)
Mentor

this is the site that they gigapower techs use:  http://www.att.com/speedtest/

I have also used speedtest.net and tested against the Temple Texas location per instructions from a gigapower tech

Message 7 of 14 (2,242 Views)
Tutor

There are a few sites to test your speed:

Your results should be more or less same.

Message 8 of 14 (2,010 Views)
Tutor

I'm having an issue with my upload speed.  In Houston I have the 1GB service and I am only getting an average of a 350 MB upload while I get between 800-900 down.  I thought the speeds were supposed to mirror?

I am on a Desktop running Win7 and connected directly to the gateway via LAN

Message 9 of 14 (1,062 Views)
ACE - Professor

NO internet service, that I'm aware of, has an upload speed equal to the download speed. I am dsl, and i get six megabits down, and one half of a megabit (512 k) up.

My parents have cable, and while they get upwards of 75 mbps down, they only get about 7-10 mbps up.

Truth is, that is just as well, because the way it works, you are typically downloading way more than you''d ever upload.

Even under the new fcc broadband standars, it's like 30 mbps down, and 3-5 mbps up.

Just the nature of the beast.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 14 (985 Views)
ACE - Expert

Some services do have symetric data rates, but it's rare.  Actually, I think Gigapower 300 was 300/300.  

When allocating limited bandwidth resources (e.g. frequency bands on copper on the last mile, fibers and frequencies on multi-mode fibers), most data is flowing downstream and so more resources are provided to carry data in that direction.  The bandwidth limitations placed on subscribers normally reflects this reality.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 14 (939 Views)
ACE - Professor

JefferMC wrote:

Some services do have symetric data rates, but it's rare.  Actually, I think Gigapower 300 was 300/300.  

------------------------------ 

I honestly did not know ANY internet connection did that. Seriously, that makes ATT's Gigapower service a real competitor to the others. Not sure anyone would need the upload speed, but nice to know it's available if needed.

300 megs is impressive just for download speed. Lucky duck to have it. I live with 6 megs down, and half of a meg up. (to be fair, it is adiquate for most of my uses, also.)

Message 12 of 14 (875 Views)
Tutor

yes, with Gigapower, they have two options 300d/300u and 1GBd/1GB u

When they first installed it and before tehy put in the new gateway, I was able to get the 1GB speed on the upload and the download, but once the new gateway was put in, it was limited.

Message 13 of 14 (657 Views)
Tutor

the 1000 up and down is new and it is offered down here in the Metro Houston area.  I signed up because I do photography as a hobby and need to share files a lot so while most people don't bother with upload, a fast upload is HUGE for me

Message 14 of 14 (486 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.