For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
StevenNCSU's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 2:35 PM

Speed issues with PACE 5268AC DMZ+ mode

I've had my RG, PACE 5268AC, configured with DMZ+ enable on my Ubiquiti Edgerouter for a long time now and had no speed issues.  Recently I've discovered my download and upload speeds are greatly reduced now.  Before I would get near perfect 900mbps symmetrical speeds now my download is capping at ~40mbps and upload at ~100mbps.  When I disable DMZ+ for the Edgerouter my speeds return to near normal 900mbps.  If I directly connect a computer to the RG and configure that computer for DMZ+ the speeds for that computer are identical to what I'm seeing with Edgerouter.  That being 40mbps/100mbps download/upload if configured for DMZ+ and 900mbps symmetrical.  Is the RG going bad or has a firmware been pushed out to the PACE 5268AC that broke DMZ+.

I guess should I ask for a non-PACE RG or is there a solution to restore DMZ+ back to it's original functionality?

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

5 years ago

@TreborTek - What they had said is "If the issue is found to be an issue not with the Uverse network or equipment there will be a $99 fee, but the technician will discus it with you prior to being charged" (slightly paraphrased, but close enough)

All it means is that if the issue is something that AT&T had nothing to do with (In home wiring, an issue with your own devices, something that could be done without a tech such as moving a STB, also moving the position of the RG I believe as well) it would cost $99 for the tech to work on the issue. Since the issue is with the RG itself, it shouldn't actually apply, although I don't know the specifics of your situation, so I can't say for certain.

That bit of scripting is something they are absolutely required to say before setting up a dispatch, in all circumstances, they're not saying it will cost that much, but that it may cost that much.

The dispatch is going to be your best option for getting a BGW210 out there, the agents can try to get the system to send out a BGW210, but in the end, what model that is sent out is determined by an automated system based on many factors.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Just found this thread and I’ll add a me too with the DMZ+ issues. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Mine is fixed now. Here is the long and short of it.

1. You need to get a service tech to come out (as others have said). Tech said the warehouse will send like for like so even if the agent says send BGW210 you will only get it if you already have a BGW210.

2. Once you get the BGW210 you need to setup ip passthrough for your router. Don't use cascade router or any other setting. Lots of bad suggestions on these forums.

NOTE: Make sure your internal network (your personal router) is set to something other then 192.168.1.x. It make this process much easier.

3. Reboot the BGW210 after you set ip passthrough, otherwise the setting doesn't fully take. After the reboot only your selected device (in this case your router behind the BGW210) will work when plugged into the BGW210.

If you don't need to access your home network from outside the house you should be done here. Make sure your home router is set to get a DHCP address from the BGW210 an you're good to go.

If you need to access your router from external you WILL NEED TO SETUP THE FORWARDING RULES on the BGW210. Very strange since that is what I expected with the ip passthrough but that's not the case.

4. On your internal network you can still get to the BGW210 management page on the 192.168.1.x network. Open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254.

5. Click on Firewall -> NAT/Gaming -> Custom Services and add the following

Service Name:  Stage0

Global Port Range:  1-21

Base Host Port:

Protocol: TCP/UDP

Service Name:  Stage1

Global Port Range:  23-7546

Base Host Port:

Service Name:  Stage2

Global Port Range:  7548-51000

Base Host Port:

Service Name:  Stage3

Global Port Range:  51025-61000

Base Host Port:

Service Name:  Stage4

Global Port Range:  61002-65535

Base Host Port:

6. Go back to NAT/Gaming and add Stage0-4 to your router from the dropdown menu.

NOTE: Whatever IP Address is set here make sure you set your router to this as a static IP for the WAN port.

You should be good to go at this point. If you need any ports in the range not listed above you are out of luck. All those ports are reserved by ATT. Just work around it.

At this point your internal router will need to have the firewall modified to allow any traffic through you need. If your speed still isn't where it needs to be make sure any modifications you made during troubleshooting are reversed. I had a hardware offloading setting on my personal router that was still limiting my speed. Put that back to original setting and now I'm rocking. 

Hope this helps. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

5 years ago

If anyone follows TaborTek's advice successfully, please post.  I"m especially interested in anything that is fixed (i.e. didn't work before and works afterwards) by setting up the port forwarding to a device when IP Passthrough is enabled to that same device.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Anyone get this resolved with the PACE5268AC? I have the exact setup described with a Ubiquiti Edgerouter. In pass-through mode i can only get about 50/100 , double NAT'ing gives me back full speed, but that is not a sustainable setup. Very frustrating.

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

You have two choices:

1. Downgrade the 5268ac firmware to an older version -- ATT won't push a newer version if you do this because they know there is a problem with the current firmware

2. Set up a truck roll and get a BGW210

Either solution will work.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

This has been the most maddening experience. CS will only mail out another Pace modem. Just ordered my own BGW210 from Amazon and hope it will work and resolve my issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The tech told me that that gateway does not have Co-ax. So if your TV's run off co-ax.. you are out of luck unless you can Cat5 them, or want to try and switch over to all wireless boxes.. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

can anyone confirm that the BG gateway has a co-ax or not.. if you have co-ax for your TV then its not gonna work and your going to have to go Cat5 or wireless for all of them.... 

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

For certain the BGW210 does NOT have coax.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.