Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
smilepak's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 3:10 AM

Schedule Gateway Reboot

Anyone has any method on doing this? Schedule a weekly reboot of the AT&T Giga Fiber Gateway/Router?

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @smilepak,

This is not an option you can automate. If you wish to do this, you will need to manually reset it by pressing and holding the red reset button on the rear of the modem for 10 seconds. You will lose defaulted settings if you do this. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

7 years ago

Why did you answer a question that wasn't asked? He said nothing about resetting it!

You can reboot it either from the web interface for the gateway (192.168.1.254) or simply unplug it for 15 seconds.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

@Sandpipers no kidding huh. I hate support where they just copy and paste reponses based upon some book of their. Things like this and people wonder why it is getting shipped to India. 

Hmm if that is the case I guess i can use a cheap timer to power off and on the router as long as this method doesn't damage the box in anyway i hope lol

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @smilepak,

We apologize about the answer. We misread and were thinking reset and not reboot. With the reboot, you can use a 3rd party device to reboot it. It should not harm the gateway, but we recommend using a surge protector in this case to ensure no surges with it powering on and off so much. If you do notice issues, try removing the surge protector and 3rd party equipment to see if problems are with the router or the other devices. If it is the router, we lease all our equipment now, so it is under warranty and we can get it replaced.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have to reboot my modem every single night or I start to get severe latancy on both internal and external connections.  After a reboot the device is fine again for roughly 12-20 hours.  I gave up and attached mine to an electronic timer switch that turns it off for 10 mins every night at 2am.  Never had a device that had this issue until i got gigbit service with this Pace modem.

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @chadeldridge,

We're sorry about the inconvenience with your connection. Check out this thread on Troubleshoot your Router and Wi-Fi and try going through some of the tips on connection to resolve this issue. Let us know any details that can help understand your experience with service.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have really been looking for this.  I did make a shortcut on my tablet and mobile phone to the gateway page where the 'reboot' button is, and that makes it somewhat easier.

However I do have an old timey timer that we use to run the christmas lights, I thought about plugging the gateway into there and let it restart in the wee hours of the morning.

I just posted a request about 'why do i have to reboot my gateway 4 times per day', so you may want to follow that too

P

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

6 years ago

@metekamil

Will this work on the bgw210?

I have several routers configured as managed switches and AP's (rt-ac68u/r7000 with merlin asus firmware).  Custom cron jobs can be scheduled by various scripts in /jffs.  Can your script be adapted for execution on such device?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@Gpz1100

The script requires NodeJS. If you can "npm install" the required modules then yes it can run on there.  The script logs into the routers admin web pages, then effectively clicks on the "Restart Router" button.  I don't know what the bgw210 admin page looks like, if you can download and send me the login page and page containing the "Restart Router" button can clone my script and make another version for your router (maybe).

Personally I'm using a Linux server I have laying around to execute the script (may move it to a Raspberry Pi).   You can however also install NodeJS on your Windows Machine and use Windows Scheduler. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.