Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
lnp142's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 8:54 PM

Pace 5268 and Asus 5300

Ok... so here's the issue, ever since i replaced my old modem with the asus 5300, i put everything in dmz mode and it somewhat works ok, however, I have vpn server runnibng on the asus, it never had any issues but now when I'm connected to the vpn the connection breaks every 10 minutes, every time, never fails and that also happen with voice phone, so what settings have changed.

Isn't there anything better than the pace routers?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

6 years ago

If you successfully set the WAN IP address, default gateway address and network mask on your router to the DHCP-determined values, then I would no longer expect you to have issues.  You might try rebooting your router following that.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

WOW 2 weeks and not one reply from the wizards at ATT,

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lnp142, Keep in mind that this is not a formal support channel.  Other customers respond when they see your posts and think they have something to contribute.

Since you mention you lose the tunnel every 10 minutes, check your DHCP lease time on the 5268 and see if that's also 10 minutes.  If so, change it to something obviously recognizable (like 23 minutes) and see if the tunnel drop interval changes to 23 minutes.  If so, then I have a bit of advice for you.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

The DHCP on the pace is set at 10, so I know that is the issue, the problem is that it is hard set, I'm unable to change the time on the pace modem, i tried to set the wan ip to static on the router, but it doesn't change the drop, every 10 minutes it disconnects and reconnects

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

That is exactly what happened to me, what I end up doing was to hard code the ip[ on the 5300, haven't dropped since

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.