Explore & discover

Helpful Links

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

Mentor

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Message 1 of 482
Teacher

Re: PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

The only reason I went with Uverse in the first place is that they were the only ones in my area with Gigabit service.  That has since changed.  When I was with Spectrum I had 300 Mbs service and honestly - there's very little noticeable difference between 300 and 1,000 for most practical uses.  The BIGGEST difference is the solid upload speed and that does benefit me in some scenarios (remote streaming my plex library for one).

Anyway - with Spectrum I literally called them and asked them to put my router in bridge mode.  Bam, done.  On the spot.  AT&T is making this more difficult than it needs to be.  And they are naive if they think one little RG is going to service a 5,000 sf home.

Message 76 of 482

Ordered a NVG599. Great! No. They sent me another 5268.  Ordered a 2nd NVG599.. Great! No. They sent me another 5268.  Groundhog Day. 

Message 77 of 482
Teacher

That blows...just downgrade while you are waiting.  At least go back to 3 months ago times/speeds. 

1) Plug computer directly into Pace router

2) http://192.168.1.254/upgrade

3) upload this file: 

gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/00D09E/10.7.0.530220-PROD/att-5268-10.7.0.530220_prod_lightspeed-install.pkgstream

Message 78 of 482
Tutor

Just added an update here. I was experiencing this problem on 10.7 firmware, however my Sonos were acting up last night so I decided to rebuild my entire home network from scratch, even changing the SSID and local IP settings to clear out any ghost certificates.

Did a HARD reset on the Pace5268 by holding down the red reset button for 40 seconds or so.  (FYI..The gateway takes about 10 minutes to boot back up after doing the hard reset .. I was getting worried..)

Once that was back up, the only thing I did was turn off the built in WiFi radios.

Then I factory reset my Orbi and started from scratch. Did the IP range as 10.0.0.x on the Orbi and set up each device one by one.

Went back into the Pace and put the Orbi into DMZ+ mode. Rebooted the Orbi, then rebooted the modem and the Orbi again.

I know this is massive pain... however - it has solved the DMZ+ issue.

I am getting 929 down/936 up wired to the Orbi.

I confirmed I'm not double NAT'd by running a traceroute to 1.1.1.1.

Still on FW 10.7

Here's hoping it continues to work!

Message 79 of 482
Teacher

@dvcspl Firmway 10.7 isn't the issue, it's the solution.  You should be getting those speeds with 10.7 in DMZ+ mode.  It broke for everyone when AT&T forced 11.X on everyone.

So I suspect your issue was something else all together.  I've been down the Orbi route - I'd highly suspect Netgear was causing an issue.

Message 80 of 482
Teacher

@y0bailey Yes, thanks to you this is what I've done while I wait.  I fear that they are going to force 11.X back on me soon so I feel like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb but this certainly does the trick.

And it absolutely takes FOREVER for the RG to boot back up after downgrading.  I thought I had bricked it.  Give that sucker a good solid 20 minutes or so to come back up.

Message 81 of 482
Teacher

@SouthFLGuy44 You are describing the exact scenario I'm hoping to avoid.  My order says NVG599 but I think I've got a 50/50 shot at opening up the box to find a Pace 5268.  The incompetence of AT&T customer support is truly impressive.  

Message 82 of 482

@turnerm05 - I laughed out loud when you mentioned Orbi. I left them nearly a year ago and started using eero.  The Orbi firmware updates may have been worse than the AT&T updates on these gateways.  I never ran into such a huge problem with network equipment. 

Message 83 of 482
Teacher

@SouthFLGuy44 Oh man.  I started out with Eero and then got tempted by Orbi.  Was super pleased for about three months and then all the bad firmware started dropping.  I've gone back to Eero and I'll never look back.  Rock solid!  Things were humming right along with literally no problems until this latest FW from AT&T.

Message 84 of 482
Tutor

My replacement NVG599 is not even shipping. Contacted useless customer service and all they had to say was "We're sorry, multiple shipments are delayed".  To recap:

1. AT&T pushed out a firmware update that broke dmzplus for absolutely no reason.

2. Promised a different RG, but sent  me another 5268ac.

3. Promised me an NVG599, but now it's just indefinitely delayed.

What a joke!

Message 85 of 482
Teacher

@natemate I feel your pain!  I was almost in the same situation.  My order was pending shipment for nearly a week.  I kept contacting them daily and each day they promised me it was coming "tomorrow."  As of right now, my RG is "out for delivery."  I still think there's a 50% chance that I'll open the box and it will be a Pace 5268 despite being told it is a NVG599 (by customer support and in the order details).

If they send me a Pace 5268 I will seriously just cancel my service and switch providers.  They've already wasted far too much of my time on this.

Oh and get this... when I first got service, they kept the fiber line laying on top of the ground for 3 months.  It ran through my yard and over my neighbor's driveway (he's a very patient man).  I called them weekly to get it buried.  When they finally came out and buried it... they cut through my irrigation system in 6 (SIX!) different places.  I didn't notice until months later because I wasn't running the system at the time as it was during the winter.  $500 later my irrigation system is fixed. 

Message 86 of 482

I know you should not have to do this but ended up just buying a used BGW210 on eBay for $30; there was plenty when I bought mine.  It shipped quick and all I had to do was plug it in.  It was easier than dealing with AT&T.  No customer service crap and no truck roll. Now I have 2 gateways should one happen to go bad.  

Message 87 of 482

I'm having the same issue with 11.1 on the 5268. I chatted in Saturday and requested 210 and they sent me another 5268 on Monday. I chatted in again and got escalated to the technical desk who promised they would send me a 210 that should arrive Thursday. Double NAT'd I have full speed but using DMZPlus I'm getting 50 down/150 up, I pay for 300. A neighbor had a truck roll today who brought him a 210, when asked if he could drop one at my house he said he would have but he didn't have anymore power supplies on his truck and no one in the area did either.

I need UPnP as I've got multiple Xbox One's in my house. The only way to get that it using DMZPlus to my Nighthawk X4S.

Message 88 of 482

@firestorm126 is there any configuration on AT&T's side they need to do?  In other words do I have to call them up to register this gateway if I decide to just buy a used one? Or is it plug and play?

Message 89 of 482
Teacher

It's a Christmas miracle!!  They actually sent me the right device (NVG599).  I'm not home but I asked my wife to check.  I won't be home for several more hours but I'll set it up tonight and I should be good to go after that.

I'm shocked to hear that you can literally buy a BGW210, plug it in and it works!

Message 90 of 482
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support