Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

Hello Community!

With the help of our fantastic customers in this thread, we've identified an issue with the PACE 5268AC Router Gateway running 11.1 firmware that may cause speeds while using DMZ+ to be lower than anticipated. While a solution using DMZ+ is not yet available, we have identified a workaround that should have you firing on all cylinders again in no time!

Steps to Take

1. Access the Router Gateway (RG) interface from your home network through a web browser. Type http://192.168.1.254 to access the devices' Graphical User Interface (GUI).

2. Select Settings tab from the top menu bar.

1.JPG

3. Select LAN tab from the Settings sub menu.

2.JPG

4. Select LAN IP Address Allocation.

3.JPG

5. Scroll down and select the Device that is identified as DMZ device in Device Status.

6. Under Address Assignment select either Private from Pool or specific private IP to statically assign to your device. You may need to reboot your device and RG to force a new IP assignment.

4.JPG

7. Select Firewall from the Settings tab sub menu.

5.JPG

8. Scroll down to the Edit Firewall settings area. Select Add a New user-defined application.

6.JPG

9. After clicking Add a new user-defined application you will see the window for Firewall Application Profile Definition

10. In Application Profile Name Enter All UDP, Select UDP for Protocol, In port (or Range) field enter 1 in from and 50999 in To field, then hit the Add to list button.

11. Hit the back button at the bottom

12. Repeat steps 9-11 but substitute All TCP in Profile Name, TCP for Protocol, In port (or Range) field enter 1 and 50999 in the from and to fields, select Add it to the list and hit the back button.

7.JPG

13. From the Select a Computer field, select the device to forward all traffic to by clicking on it. Alternatively, you can Enter IP Address assigned to the device.

8.JPG

14. Select All UDP and All TCP from the Application list and click the Add button. The two items should show on the right column. Then click the Save button at the bottom right.

9.JPG

9 Attachments

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

Firmware 11.1 is out of date. The latest firmware is 11.5 and can be found here:

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/00D09E/11.5.1.532678-PROD/att-5268-11.5.1.532678_prod_lightspeed-install.pkgstream

Nevermind - I see this thread is two years old.

(edited)

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

@Transponder I just got a notice that you had replied to this thread but couldn't find your post. Turns out that the $@$#!@^@#^ forum software puts replies to the OP right under the OP's first post!! So even though you just posted today, 1-19-20, it puts it on Page 1 instead of Page 48.

So much for continuity.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

@ATTKevin This is the error you receive when applying either of these rules to any computer/router:

The port range 1-50999 in the service conflicts with the device managed port 3479.

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

5 years ago

@LACommunityCA 

Is the BGW210 not an option for you, especially since an onsite technician visit was scheduled?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the exact same issue.  Literally have spent like 6 hours trying to figure it out.  Please fix ATT

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

discovered the same issue this morning. No matter what device gets assigned the wan IP passthru/DMZ setting, that device and anything behind it are slow. Can reproduce it on a laptop, on a physical Unifi firewall, and on a PFSense VM. I'm assuming the firmware version 11.1.0.531418-att must be Nov 1st. Thanks for screwing the pooch AT&T.

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Lol my solution was to hit up AT&T support and they swapped me into a NVG599 gateway.  This one works better and is less sluggish navigating pages in the config interface.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I managed to setup my firewall with an eap proxy script and just bypassing the pace gateway for now

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I just got off the phone with ATT support.  After spending about 15 minutes with them going through their troubleshooting process, they are sending me a new modem.  It will deliver Monday.  I was honestly surprised since they had me direct wire to the modem from my PC and the speeds were normal.  I told them that is what I expected and that the issue is when I am using my router.  He put me on hold about 1 minute, came back and said I needed a different modem.

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Changing modems won't fix your problem, if you have the DMZ issue I mentioned.  Any devices put into the DMZ will get sluggish speeds around 50mbps down and 200ish up.  It's something to do with the recent firmware.  Unless you get a different model modem like I did (NVG599), which IMO works better than the PACE.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

They are sending me a different model modem.  That will fix the issue.

Scholar

• 

183 Messages

5 years ago

So glad I found this thread. I have spent days trying to figure out what the heck is going on. In my case, I first noticed that my WI-FI calling via AT&T Mobility had started to have issues. Mainly UL voice was getting clobbered. Then it got worse and worse where I started to miss calls. Then I heard others that started to have issues, so I started to troubleshoot.

First, let me point out that I use a Ubiquiti USG router and Ubiquiti UNIFI AP, as I prefer to use my own,  and also like the performance of UBNT equipment. . I did speedtests, all seemed to be ok. But WIFI calling is all messed up and I also get occasional odd delays.  I did try a SKYPE business call and it was ok though. Not sure if perhaps a different port is used?  I assume both would be UDP?

So on to my troubleshooting. One thing I noticed was that each time I clicked on firewall > firewall rules, I never got anywhere and the phone call I was on (VOIP port on RG) would mute for about 10 seconds. I was able to repeat this over and over.  I could never get to the webpage to edit firewall rules. So this is when I decided it was time to factory default the RG. After it came up, bingo! WIFI calling worked just fine and all was good, at least at first.  Note that I had not yet placed my own USG router into DMZ mode yet. So I continued with my provisioning of the 5286 to put my USG router into DMZ mode, and told my USG to grab the public IP and that’s when all went down hill again. Also, after setting DMZ mode, you can’t go into firewall > firewall rules anymore, and the routers really goes nuts after that. Definitely a bug!

I then googled 11.1.0.531418-att and found this thread. There is something definitely wrong with this version. Even if you don’t use DMZ plus mode, there seems to be issues though, I know a few with the 5286 that also complained of not being able to get WIFI calling to work correctly. It just seems to get worse when you use DMZ plus mode, and for some of you it has even more performance issues if you are fiber. I am still copper to the node, so I am capped at 48 mbps, but this is a huge issue for me.   If I use the router’s wifi, then it seems to be ok from what I can tell. I hope someone from AT&T is seeing this. I will also try to reach out to folks to bring attention to this. I just learned that the NV599 is a good one. So I am going for that as the replacement and heard that this is the one to get. Comments?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.