For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Ok 11.4 seems promising. No WiFi calling dropped calls and normal speeds. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I made an account just to thank you. This fixed the DMZ issue. Hopefully wifi calling is back to working too.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

UPDATE:

Still having wifi calling issues. Tested on my iPad that uses wifi calling and calls are dropping after about a minute and a half.

UPDATE 2:

Rebooted the modem and was able to have a longer conversation and the hasn't dropped (6 minutes and still going). I would encourage everyone to test and report back but try rebooting your modem after switching back to dmz plus mode. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I upgraded to 11.4 using the link above and I'm back to running DMZ+ without issue.  Thank you!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

If you have double-NAT configured, undo that configuration before a manual upgrade to 11.4.

With 11.3, I set up the Pace DHCP to assign a pool address to an asus router and firewall rules to port forward to that asus router.

After a manual upgrade to 11.4 and a reset to factory defaults  theand power cycle,P DHCP IP assignment page shows the asus router has  a static address that is the private address assigned in 11.3.   And I cannot change this address on this assignment page. The power-cycled asus router configured for WAN DHCP is getting that old private pool  assignment.

UPDATE:

I downgraded the Pace  to 11.3 using the file link in this thread. Power cycled. Reset to factory defaults.  Powered off the Asus router.  Power cycled the Pace. Upgraded the Pace to 11.4.  Power cycled. Reset to Factor Defaults. Power cycled. Powered up Asus router.  Configured DMZ Plus on the Pace. 

Everything looks good.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

mine updated automatically sometime in the last week, 11.4.x. I have yet to turn back on DMZ+, will try tonight.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Even with a bypass, none of my linux CLI processes can get over 4.5 mb/s upstream.

No, that's not a typo. 950+ mb/s down, pretty consistently, but use something other than a web-based speed test, and the uploads drop to late 90s DSL rates. From a website, e.g., speedtest.net, I get symmetrical ~950. A couple times I've actually crept into quadruple digits.

Not so with plex, or my file sync daemon, or even just speedtest-cli.

It really looks like there's some funny business going on.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

If you want a real-world account of how fast your internet connection is, then download something large and time it. The math won't lie...  In more cases than not, the server you are downloading from is your bottleneck, assuming your computer hardware is up to par. Same goes for uploading..

As far as your connection (and mine), we aren't paying for a guaranteed 1000 Mb/s speed.. We are paying for a connection that is capable of handling those speeds. Most internet servers won't provide information at those speeds though.

FWIW i find speedtest-cli to be grossly inaccurate. When I run the test from the closest AT&T server to me (New Orleans) it shows my speed as "0" on both up and down, despite completing the test much faster than any of the other servers... I can tell you this.. On average when I download a 2GB file, it takes me between 30-45 sec...  That's anywhere between 364 - 546 Mb/s.. not a true gigabit, but infinitely faster than speedtest-cli says it is..

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

I upgraded to 11.4 and enabled DMZ+

The public IP passes to my Ubiquiti firewall. But the connection is super latent. 

When running a speed test using speedtest.net it just times out. 

Someone above said DMZ+ was working in 11.4. But not for me. 

I rolled back to using allow all TCP allow all UDP and I'm back in a double NAT situation. 

Anyone else any luck?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.