For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

@tonydi mine just updated again to 11.3 ... so 2x in 2 days

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Oh, the most annoying issue after losing the ability to use Chromecast is this latest update is causing my Google WiFi access points to randomly go offline. Thanks AT&T O_o

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

@Swerved, as @n2itus just said, they upgraded firmware for both of us 2 times in 2 days.  I'm going to downgrade again but expect the worst. 

Seems like the only "fixes" are going to be:

1.  Downgrade firmware every single time

2.  Live with manually forwarding all TCP and UDP ports and the shenanigans with that

3.  Pray that you get someone to send you a different modem

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

how can I downgrade the modem firmware? can somone post the firmware here?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

The replacement BGW210 is no picnic either. For those that use site to site VPNs it has stability issues with those too. After a week or so it starts randomly dropping some of the tunnels. I've disabled every possible "feature" of the router. 

ATT needs to take a lesson from the competition and allow folks to manage their own edge devices easily. Their repeated use of band aids on top of ancient hardware on an otherwise reliable service just does not make sense to me. The phone tech support can only ever offer a "line test", "reboot", "connect directly to the modem to test", or get a tech with a varying level of experience to come out and swap modems. When I went through this last time, the phone tech had absolutely no clue what I was even talking about when I described symptoms. The onsite tech had no experience using DMZ+/Passthrough Mode other then to point me at a webpage and state that its the most often heard complaint are problems related to this feature in "advanced" home/home office setups.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

@mrouse2323 

The firmware is earlier in this thread but I know it's a long thread.

tonydi graciously posted it in the thread I created:

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Fiber-Equipment/Pace-DMZplus-broken-not-throttled-with-11-3-firmware-update/m-p/5976037#M10956

you need to go to your router's page and go to the hidden /upgrade path and upload that file.  All the lights on your modem will turn off at some point and it will take much longer than you're comfortable waiting the first time but it should complete.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Downloads via DMZplus and my Asus router had throttled to 50 Mbps again and sure enough the Pace had been updated to 11.3.1.532191.

Out of frustration, I chose to Factory Reset using the red button on the Pace this morning.  After that finished, I reconfigured DMZplus.   Now, I observe full speed downloads. I was surprised. 

IMG_20190823_093300.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

@atlr 

Is that a screenshot of your system after the factory reset or before?  Do you still have 11.3 firmware?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

That screenshot was after a factory reset. It was a pushed update so I do not have a file.  

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Hmm, so DMZplus works with the new firmware?  Did you reboot your internal router to pick up the IP correctly?  Earlier today I thought I had it working with the new firmware but it was because it still had an internal IP address from the PACE and wasn't really in DMZ mode. 

I said it in the other thread but now the firmware updates almost immediately after I downgrade, so that's no longer an option.

Has there been any indication from an employee or anyone else that this is even recognized as a problem that they're trying to fix?  I called in today and asked how I can log a bug ticket or something and they said I did all I could posting here.  But I haven't really seen any official response to either my thread or this thread, besides manually forwarding all ports and not using DMZPlus.  Maybe I missed it in this long thread though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.