Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

Mentor

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Message 1 of 704
Tutor

There was no involvement with AT&T to get it setup. That had not been my experience in the past with Spectrum/Brighthouse as they had to authorize the MAC address. This one I just plugged in.

Message 586 of 704

Me too. I actually did a factory reset on the RG I got from eBay before connecting it up. It just found everything it needed. All I did was login and set up the passthrough.

Message 587 of 704
Tutor

So you can use your own modem? Because the AT&T tech guy told me it wouldn't work...

Message 588 of 704
Teacher

Just had the tech tell me the same.  Essentially, if the modem you have is working according to the system, it doesn't like to accept a replacement.  I imagine a certain time period of disconnect will trigger something, maybe?  Dunno.

Tech brought in an Arris modem as requested.  Internet works with IP Passthrough and I am getting good speeds again.

He said they had a glut of Arris modems (I'm in the Triangle, NC area).  It seems the Pace modems are in demand by techs as those have coax out, and they like to use that with their Internet/TV homes.

So, either fight for an Arris modem or buy one and take your chance at wasting 30 bucks.

Message 589 of 704
Highlighted

I have a BGW modem provided by ATT. But I am not sure if they have setup
Passthrough mode. Do you have instructions on how check if Passthrough mode
has been setup and if not how to set it up?
Message 590 of 704
ACE - Professor

@mindbender 

It’s up to the user to configure the gateway in IP passthrough mode. There are numerous threads with images as examples and one provided by att.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 591 of 704
Tutor

So are we just screwed?

Message 592 of 704

So crazy that ATT hasn't introduced a new firmware to solve this... Nearly 1 year old.

Message 593 of 704
Contributor

Not really AT&T's issue , the modem is made by Pace ( now part of Arris ) , and Arris is pushing the BGW-210 which is their own hardware. They really have no financial interest in pushing out a new firmware to the Pace, it would take away from the BGW. That is what it appears to me. I can't find a single forum that communicates to Arris directly , and if you go to their website to search for help/issue , the Pace 5286ac doesn't show anywhere. Although I am sure AT&T has told Arris about the issue , I don't think that there is anything that AT&T could say or do to get Arris to update the 5286ac . There may be competing equipment that they could change to , but the cost of training techs to install something new , and to provide customer support for it could be prohibitive.

I think that until Arris decides it is in their best interest to do something , we are all stuck with the buggy firmware.

Message 594 of 704
Teacher

Wait should we stop paying AT&T and instead pay Arris? 

Message 595 of 704
ACE - Professor

The 5268 is an old design, about 3 years older than the BGW210.  Some people swear by the Pace, so there’s that.  If you really need  or prefer to use your own router, then have to find a way to get off the 5268.  Sitting here and stewing won’t solve the DMZ problem.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 596 of 704
ACE - Scholar

New 5268 firmware released! 

Download here:

»gateway.c01.sbcglobal.ne ··· kgstream

Let me know if this finally fixes the problems. I can't try it myself because I have the BGW210

Message 597 of 704
Contributor

I have the throttling issue. Same pace modem as everyone else here. They sent me a new pace modem - same issue. Has anyone flashed the firmware listed above and if so how do you flash this junky gateway?

Message 598 of 704
Mentor

You do it by visiting 192.168.1.254/update if I'm not mistaken. Or whatever your RG IP is set for on your local network.. From there you'll see what to do.

I am going to keep mine running 10.7 since it is working as expected for me.

Message 599 of 704

I had no idea why my wifi calling stopped working until until I saw pgiralt reply in this discussion.  apparently ATT pushes firmware upgrades with serious breaking changes.

The instructions from @attkevin, need a better screenshot at step 6. You wont be able to assign a static ip address or a an address from the pool unless you also change the firewall back to enabled. This will put your device back to max protection mode, but then you can add the firewall rules and will and put the internal router device in allow individual applications section. I don't get why ATT provides such crappy devices, they should allow pure pass-trough or at least give the option to opt in to use a modem only device for users that want to use their own routers.   

Message 600 of 704
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support