Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

@Landonio

What 11.2 update are you referring to?  In my second attempt to speak with a very dense AT&T support rep, this morning, they pushed a firmware refresh against my wishes.  I am still at 11.1 and thankfully, I did not have to re-create the custom port set for forwarding.

Type Value

Manufacturer Pace Plc
Model 5268AC

Hardware Version 260-2173300
Software Version 11.1.0.531418-att

So, not sure what can be done.

In regards to using your own modem, AT&T repeatedly says no, but then again, they are the same people that point to this thread as a solution.

I have a rep coming out tomorrow and have added to the comments of the service order to bring an Arris BGW210-700 when they come out.  We will see if they notice.  In my experience, the techs in my area have always been much more knowledgeable than the folks on the phone, and seem to hate them more than the rest of us.

Comments in this thread and in others have had people say they supplied their own Arris BGW210-700 and got it working, but take that with a grain of salt.

If the tech coming out tomorrow is of no use, I will pick up an Arris for about $50-60 and try getting it to activate with AT&T.

It seems there is a way to get the Pace to work with a Ubiquiti USG or Edgerouter.  You can essentially have the Gateway with a public IP with the Pace providing whatever "stuff" AT&T requires to get 1Gbit/1Gbit.

I have so far avoided that as I have an AWS instance for the controller, but I may just give in and try it if all of this keeps failing.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

@SabasC regarding a replacement (pace to BGW), I logged in to my att app on my phone, went to trouble shoot internet and started a chat with att. It took about 10 minutes and all I did was ask for the new BGW210-700 gateway to replace my pace. Sent a link to this forum and told them I need Passthrough mode. No questions asked and he had a new one on order to be delivered in a few days.  Then I just return the old one to ups.

Enjoy your new PACE modem @eric90i 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I purchased my own Arris BGW210-700 as I didn't have time to deal with games of trying to get them to send me one. Plugged in right in, configured IP Passthrough, and was good to go.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

What about authorizing to the account?  Did you have any difficulty on that?

Did you just give a MAC and serial and they did the rest, or it was all automatic?  No factory reset?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

There was no involvement with AT&T to get it setup. That had not been my experience in the past with Spectrum/Brighthouse as they had to authorize the MAC address. This one I just plugged in.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Me too. I actually did a factory reset on the RG I got from eBay before connecting it up. It just found everything it needed. All I did was login and set up the passthrough.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

So you can use your own modem? Because the AT&T tech guy told me it wouldn't work...

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Just had the tech tell me the same.  Essentially, if the modem you have is working according to the system, it doesn't like to accept a replacement.  I imagine a certain time period of disconnect will trigger something, maybe?  Dunno.

Tech brought in an Arris modem as requested.  Internet works with IP Passthrough and I am getting good speeds again.

He said they had a glut of Arris modems (I'm in the Triangle, NC area).  It seems the Pace modems are in demand by techs as those have coax out, and they like to use that with their Internet/TV homes.

So, either fight for an Arris modem or buy one and take your chance at wasting 30 bucks.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have a BGW modem provided by ATT. But I am not sure if they have setup
Passthrough mode. Do you have instructions on how check if Passthrough mode
has been setup and if not how to set it up?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@mindbender 

It’s up to the user to configure the gateway in IP passthrough mode. There are numerous threads with images as examples and one provided by att.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.