For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I think it's hilarious (not in a funny way...) that this thread has now 70,000+ views and the next most viewed topic on the front page is 200. Nothing to see here! Move along! Like Frank Drebin is in charge of AT&T fiber support.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I just bought my own Arris modem on Amazon and solved my own issue. It was clearly the easier route.

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

5 years ago

@295anderson I went through 3 months of AT&T's Bull before moving back to Spectrum who bought out the AT&T contract; making it a no brainer. I still subscribe to this feed just to see how long it will endure. I said months ago that charging for a Giga feed and giving you this 50Kbps Throttle is NOT a mistake, it is POLICY! Think about how much money they are making! *****

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Is there any news on an actual firmware update to resolve this and when could we expect it?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

The fact that this is marked as a solution not only in this thread, but on AT&T's website and cited by their tech support team leads me to believe no one at AT&T has any idea what they are doing.

Remove this as solved, please.
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1322413?gsi=cxxf30

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Nice, I enjoy the part that goes “If you have earlier versions, you don’t need to do anything else.” 

This reiterates the current firmware has an issue and the previous was okay.

I caved and got ATT sending a BGW to replace the pace. No point in thinking a firmware fix will come.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Can you please provide some other details on this?  I was on a call with them for an hour, last night, attempting to get a replacement.

They cited this "solution" and said they could do nothing more.  Now I need to go through the entire process again and explain to them how they are wrong...

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

@SabasC regarding a replacement (pace to BGW), I logged in to my att app on my phone, went to trouble shoot internet and started a chat with att. It took about 10 minutes and all I did was ask for the new BGW210-700 gateway to replace my pace. Sent a link to this forum and told them I need Passthrough mode. No questions asked and he had a new one on order to be delivered in a few days.  Then I just return the old one to ups.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

@eric90i, you'll get a Pace. Just FYI.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Did the 11.2 update not fix the issue?

Also, is it true that you can't just use your own modem in place of the one AT&T provides?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.