Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

Don't hold your breath. Problem has existed over six months and not fixed yet. To fix the problem try rolling back to a previous version of the firmware or get BGW210 gateway. Both will fix your problem.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I tried tweeting at them.  Never used the twitters before... https://twitter.com/septer012/status/1124479003845201920

I cant get another RG unless I ditch my TV service with them.  The bypass sounds like the best method, but again no TV service.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

How'd the Twitter idea work out?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@septer012 

i gather from your post you have U-verse TV.  Are your settop boxes coax or Ethernet or wireless connected?

an NVG599 will do the job as a straight swap.

If you want to bypass, some newer routers can manage IPTV data without need of gateway assuming you have Fiber connection.  

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I don't want to thread hijack.  But to answer your question, they are wireless directv boxes.  There however is a coax from the Pace RG to another access point (wireless video bridge), dedicated for these boxes if I understand.

My router is a Netgate SG-1100.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

DirecTV customers were supposed to get the BGW210 gateway.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Ran into this issue last night when I added an Eero system. Have the work-around in place, but seeing how long it's been since this issue was discovered, is the best way to resolve to downgrade the firmware using the instructions in this thread, or request a new modem?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Tried via phone support and had no luck as they claimed they could only send me another Pace modem. Just sucked it up and bought a BGW210 on Amazon. Hopefully it's an easy swap and fix.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Be persistent and ask for technician to do a service call since the 5268 is defective.  The tech should have a BGW210 on the truck.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTKevin Can you removed the solved status?  Is there a firmware release schedule?  Is this tied to an internal support ticket?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.