Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

@Transponder, you're probably right.  Thankfully my replacement came with the old firmware and it's stayed there since December so it's safe to assume they're not pushing the new anymore.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

This solution does not work if you L2TP-ipSec into your network. Because DMZ+ only supports TCP and UDP where IKE needs AH and ESP. (as I understand it)

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

this does not work if you protocols other than TCP and UDP.  I use IPSec/L2TP and that requires AH and ESP.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

while this is a work around it is not a solution. when are we going to get a proper fix?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Umm guys? I just did a speed test  still in DMZPLUS mode, and I got 840 down and 150 up.  Uptime is 42 days and I am still on 11.1.0.531418.

Tried again. 603 down, 12 up.

And again. 146 down, 103 up.

Again. 496 down, 159 up.

Tried without DMZPLUS and got the usual 650 down and 800 up. Six times in a row.

What's going on? Anyone else?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Interesting, this is essentially the inverse of what everyone else is reporting. Most people report 50M/900M (down/up)... ATT has acknowledged that it's a problem but getting the right customer service rep can be a challenge. It took 5 calls and now I'm hoping the visit tomorrow changes the router model.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

agreed, this is not a solution. Your product is still a giant waste of space.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

For those potentially listening at AT&T, I'd reiterate what everyone else has said that your workaround isn't actually a fix because the customers you router won't know its real external IP address.  This double NAT scenario breaks a lot of things including  P2P VPN tunnels, VoIP sessions, and basically anything using uPnP (Facetime, Skype, wemo, nest, canary cameras, etc).  This really needs to be fixed-- I can't imagine its that difficult to compare version 10 to version 11 of the firmware and see whats changed. You are also the largest purchaser of PACE devices, so I think you have some leverage.  Thus far AT&T seems happy with their workaround, which is barely a workaround let alone a true fix.   

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

We've had gigabit service with AT&T for less than 30 days at this point, and it's been an absolute comedy of errors.

Initially, we were given a BGW-210.  Speeds (up and down) never managed to go above 600Mbit.  AT&T's fix: replace the BGW-210.  Fine.

Received a Pace 5268AC in the mail.  Replaced the BGW-210; made the mistake of sending that back before knowing if DMZ+ mode was working correctly.  Surprise - it's not!  We're having the same 50Mbit/150Mbit bandwidth issue as everyone else on the 11.1.0.531418-att firmware.  The modem is set as a DMZ device with firewall and WiFi disabled, and address assignment to public.  Our firewall receives the public address also assigned to the router.

After speaking with technical support yesterday, we were supposed to have a tech arriving between 9am and 11am today with a BGW-210.  Despite having confirmed the appointment via text message yesterday, the tech has not called to confirm the appointment.  We currently have around 25 minutes left in the appointment window; I'm calling tech support, and they can't get ahold of the tech.

This is now going to be the third appointment that a tech simply hasn't bothered to arrive for, or even acknowledge.

Tech support is completely ignorant of the issues with the 11.1.0.531418-att firmware, and did everything in their power to blame our equipment.  Even when I demonstrated that flipping back to a private IP made the issue go away (though the low bandwidth still remained and the double NAT that that introduces breaks our phones and VPN access), it was somehow our equipment's fault.  Equipment that worked comparatively OK on the BGW-210, and previously without issue on a Cox cable modem.

I'm now requesting to have my call sent back to the jeopardy team again.  This is utterly ridiculous, and I'm looking at going back to Cox.  As much as I loathe them, they at least managed to make the service work properly most of the time - and to provide the actual amount of bandwidth we're paying for.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Double NAT won't work for me.  Please fix your firmware.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.