For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

5 years ago

@Swerved Bravo! Well Said!!

Employee

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I said the average person doesn’t need it. Which is true. But glad you wanna get an attitude with me. I have asked about if anyone is running QoS because I had a job that I did this past week he was me getting horrible speed with his nighthawk behind it. We disabled QoS and then he started getting 800/900. But being that I’m trying to actually help and talking about what I see daily and you want to say I am a problem I will be signing off. Good luck.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Though perhaps poorly written - the ATT employee does have a point. Most of the devices behind the ATT router can't actually push line rate. In fact you are lucky to push 20% peak of that on a good day. This includes laptops, phones, additional routers etc. 

But the fact there is a known issue with a ATT product that has yet to be addressed further angers folks and reinforces this negative attitude of "ATT doesnt care". What I don't understand is that now this is a well known issue, why there isnt a fix for it other then calling support, reverting some old code, or being forced to change to a new router? 

As someone who works with software every day, sometimes an enhancement breaks things - badly. Just FIX it. Really - this is NOT that difficult to solve. I suspect there is so much bureaucracy behind this decision to revert that the firmware/software folks are probably unaware or simply can't release a proper fix for the issue. 

If they are worried about bricking customer routers - then at the very least notify folks of the potential issue. This might generate a few more support calls but the proactive communication will go a long way to repairing or maintaining a better relationship with the customer base.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The Qos didn't fix my problem.  Still been over 3 months and no letter in the mail from AT&T about the problem or the fix.  

Spectrum has gig internet now.  Not saying their internet connection is better but I know we with cable I can use my 3rd party router with no problems.   And their customer service won't argue with me when they know it's a problem on their end.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T if you know their is a problem with your service but still charge your subscribers full price and don't notify of their downgraded service.  How is that not stealing?

If contract employee gave you subpar work and charged you top dollar.  Wouldn't you cancel their contract.   They stole from you for over 5 months.  CRIMINAL 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@jgerry2002 

Ironically one of the steps in the troubleshooting flowchart is for the resolution team to suggest a speed upgrade.  I’ve had this happen to me more than once as they have instrumentation to tell them percentage of time service is hitting redline.  Unfortunately I have to remind them I’m already at at the top tier of what’s available.  

I’d wager the issue here is more about volume of customers that use and need a personal router to make it more of a priority to get resolved. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

That was the worst attempt at deflecting the issue at hand, @wcowan86.  

The fault is 100% on AT&T.  Not only is AT&T aware of the issue, but it's been several months and they have not bothered to A. report to their customer base on faulty advertised speeds, B. advise their customers with a fix or credit, and C. report the issue to their Indian phone "engineers."  

I called the support line, and you know what they wanted to do?  Send out an engineer on MY tab.  The issue is SOLELY with AT&T, and this whole entire situation is the perfect scenario for a class-action lawsuit against AT&T to give credit where it's due, to their customers.   I've been robbed of 1GB speeds for the last 4 months, and I know exactly which of my devices are capable of using the bandwidth that I pay for.  It's just sad that even you, as an employee, are trying to blame the customer and suggest an even smaller speed for them to purchase. 

I'm hoping someone from AT&T sees how you treat their customers.  

Thanks,
Mike

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

"There is no reason anyone actually needs a gig."

No, the above quote is what you actually said. And no, I can assure you there's no attitude here; I am calm as can be at the moment. You however, apparently either did not read this discussion from the start, or you simply ignored the fact that this particular thread is regarding a very known, observed, and confirmed problem with AT&T's equipment, particularly the last firmware push for the Pace 5268. QoS has absolutely nothing to do with this issue, but since you brought it up I'll save you the trouble and time of discovering this on your own... Newsflash: Netgear routers are somewhat known for their issues with QoS; nothing new or groundbreaking there. I would suggest you check that for all of your customers who have Netgear equipment...

Alternatively, you could just down-sell them to a slower package since "there is no reason anyone actually needs a gig."...

Good day.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It's not about what one needs.  It's about the contract we paid for.  I was getting that service till the last update 5 months ago.  Still being charged for the gig service but not receiving those speeds.  

Yes I can receive those speeds if I don't use my router so AT&T is correct I. the letter of the contract.   But this country is about having options.  Since At&t took away my option to use a better router.  I will exercise my option to competitor that allows me to use my router. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the same issue where the 5286AC throttled my speeds to roughly 50mpbs download/200mbps upload on all equipment connected via wire or wi-fi to my Asus GT-AC5300.  The issue presented itself immediately after AT&T pushed firmware update 11.1.0.531418 to the 5286AC at the beginning of September 2018.  As of this past week, AT&T tells me that this still is the latest version of firmware for the 5286AC, so it does not appear that they are working to quickly resolve these concerns.  AT&T customer service offered to send me the BGW210-700 gateway without resistance once I explained the situation and quoted both my experience and the contents of this forum posting.  As usual, AT&T execution was AWFUL.  Twice, within a matter of days and hours on chat with them, they sent me replacement 5286AC gateways despite the representatives and their supervisors assuring me that they were "personally following my issue and making sure that I would receive a BGW210-700."  On my third call, the representative indicated to me that the warehouse only has 5286AC gateways and all the BGW210-700 gateways have been deployed to the field technicians.  This rep then scheduled a truck roll which was a huge inconvenience; yet, the only way I could obtain the BGW210-700.  To add insult, AT&T had not provisioned a BGW210 for me, so the installation took longer than expected; yet, I got the equipment.  Once I configured Passthrough on this new router and optimized my external IP address so that I could access OpenVPN, I immediately noticed improved speeds and a shorter ping 450/700 wired even on my old Q6600 beater desktop.  Also, field tech cannot take back your equipment even if AT&T tells you this via phone/chat as their ability to track is terrible.  Return to UPS Store for your own protection.  BGW210 has faster, cleaner interface though it is equally, if not more confusing.  Had difficulty configuring Public IP on my ASUS ROG router; yet, finally got there through trial and error -- configured passthrough on BGW210 and just needed to get the IP addresses tying back to my ASUS correct -- did not need to fool with cascading the router.  Reports that 5286AC blocks VOIP traffic must be true as I have also had issues with OOMA not ringing or forwarding calls to my cell phone when someone calls.  Those issues are now gone with the deployment of the BGW210; it is much better equipment.  Also, there IS NO bracket for this router.  Save the bracket from the 5286AC and tie the BGW in with some wire or zip ties.  It is not pretty; yet, it works. AT&T Gigabit fiber is cheaper and better than Comcast as a result and they could really be a competitor to traditional cable internet; yet they cannot execute!  Contractor installation was terrible - they cut the line when burying it then jammed the fiber into the existing Comcast conduit despite the prior tech establishing new conduit on my house and me telling them not to do this.  They never gave me my $100 VISA card upon signup and now I have to chase them for this as well as the credit they promised for the latest debacle.  I guess you get what you pay for though I hope they get it together and teach Comcast a lesson for gouging the public.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.