For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

@Bailey_S, I agree with @SouthFLGuy44. I felt the same way as you a week ago. I was amazed how quick and easy it was for them to agree to send me a new router without going through the usual runaround. Was told it would show up in 1-2 days. 5 days later it had not shown up so contacted them again and they said they'd send it right away and assured me it would be a 599 or 210. Two days later a 5268ac shows up 😞 Now waiting for my second order where I was guaranteed that I'd get a 599. I'm not holding my breath. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Similar story. Really hoping when I open the box it’s the ng599 I was
promised.

I’ve not pushed the issue, and I wonder if anyone has gone after service
credits for deregaded services due to faulty equipment?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

So, I received my new gateway Saturday and that fixed up all my problems. The "new" one I received has v10.7 on it so I am getting the proper speeds on the machine in DMZ+ mode. Hopefully they won't push that firmware out again. If/when they do, hopefully it will be a version that has this DMZ+ issue fixed. Also, the new unit has a much faster web-interface so the configuration is not as tedious as it was with my other one. Happy for now, other than the fact that it took me nearly a week to get after being promised 4 different times that it would be next day... The call center is a joke. Those people half way around the world don't care one way or the other what happens with your service. They are programmed to only say "I am sorry for your inconvenience" and to promise you whatever you demand, knowing all the while that you will not get it... It is pitiful to say the least.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm on the phone with U-Verse Internet support for the third time right now, after getting sent replacement Pace 5268's twice. The second time, the rep promised that I'd receive a BGW-210, but another 5268 arrived today!

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

@Panda42 this is a hopeless situation. I bit the bullet, bought my own new router and am hoping they will credit me some service time if I'm lucky.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@SouthFLGuy44what model did you end up buying? I'm about ready to do the same.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

@Panda42 I got the BGW210-700 and it's been great. You don't need to call AT&T for anything.  Plug it in and configure. 

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

I should also mention that just I chatted with AT&T billing, explained the situation and told them to look at my account history and they credited me $50. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I got a 30 dollar some odd service credit as I too received my second pace
today.

I had to schedule a visit from a technican to guarantee a 599 or 210. Where
can you buy one of these without dealing with ATT? I’m trying to figure out
exactly what I need their device if it’s only internet I’m getting from
ATT? I’ve never authenticated with the gateway or anything....

Hmmmmm

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

According to what I was told, when you call in for a replacement they add the MAC address of the new one to your account so it will work when connected. You might be able to buy one from ebay or whatnot, but I don't know if they will add the MAC address to your account if you call them, at least not the 1st tier of support. I finally got to the manager of a manager of the service reps, who offered to do just that for me IF I could find a replacement locally rather than waiting on shipping.. I didn't however. I ended up waiting on the one they sent me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.