For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I broke down and chatted in again yesterday evening to get a tech roll, after getting 2 different 5268ACs mailed to my house I wasn't going to try that again. Running double NAT was causing all sorts of headaches and my IPv6 was acting up (not sure if it was related.) They scheduled someone to come at 11 this morning, at 10 he called and after chatting quickly he said he was aware of the issue and would be right over with a BGW210. He arrived at 10:30, we swapped the boxes and everything is good. I pay for 300 mbps and I'm getting 373 up and down.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Ugh... after waiting a week and being assured I'd get an NVG599 or BGW210 I receive another 5268ac this morning. I'm not sure which part I find more incompetent: the fact that they can't ship the piece of hardware they said they would ship or the fact that they can't just fix the software issue that is causing this to happen in the first place. The saddest part if the new 5268ac I received has a label on the box saying it ships with 11.1.0.531418-ATT from the factory. How is it possible that this release had any testing done on it at all?!?!? 

Now I'm being doubly assured that they're sending me an NVG599... let's see what happens. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

is there a guide to getting the old firmware or flashing it back to the old one?  this is killing my work productivity

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

You can find  the 10.7.0.530220 software [HERE]...

Then you go to "http://192.168.1.254/upgrade" and follow the prompts to perform it. *Most* people say it works fine when you roll back.

-Swerved

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted here. Slowly realized my download and upload speeds had dropped after my gateway received the new firmware. I was able to downgrade to the 10.7 firmware and get connection performance to behave as expected when using DMZ+. As others mentioned this makes the configuration page VERY slow but everything else works as expected once it is setup properly.

I am definitely going to look at getting a replacement gateway. This Pace gateway is such a pain to configure. AT&T should absolutely take it out of circulation, if anything, just to make their own technician's life much easier. I will say any time I have dealt directly with a technician with an appointment they have been extremely knowledgeable and helpful. But with an issue like this I think it is clear the over the phone support and chat support should be much more knowledgeable about this issue. I am sure I am not alone in thinking my own router had gone bad.

I honestly don't think AT&T should even waste time with Pace trying to get a proper working firmware with this gateway, just get customers one that works as expected. I am also sure I am not alone in that I only use AT&T fiber internet service, have zero intention of using the included router built into the gateway, and all I really need is a modem that can pass through the connection without interference to my own router and network setup. I spent an entire day trying to troubleshoot this, even ordering another router to replace my own that I thought was failing.

Another thing. I have no issue with AT&T rolling out firmware updates to these gateways, as I am sure things pop-up that need to be addressed. BUT. If you rollout a new firmware, send out an email to customers letting them know what is going on. That way a massive amount of time isn't wasted by customers trying to troubleshoot their own network. Customers had to troubleshoot this to discover the problem. Clearly there are a massive amount of customers that run this gateway in passthrough/DMZ mode and use their own router setups, hopefully there is a more elegant solution in the works to replace this gateway.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

So add me to the list of people having this issue Ubiquiti edge router behind pace 5268 using DMZ+. Speed dropped to 50Mpbs after receiving firmware 11.1. Downgraded to 10.7 as some have suggested and it's back to normal (for now).

Any update on this, @ATTKevin?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

So add me to the list of people having this issue Ubiquiti edge router behind pace 5268 using DMZ+. Speed dropped to 50Mpbs after receiving firmware 11.1. Downgraded to 10.7 as some have suggested and it's back to normal (for now).

Any update on this, @ATTKevin?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Two thoughts tonight:

1. I wonder what’s causing the 5268AC to be so slow (GUI) after the rollback? It couldn’t be out of ram/flash mem could it?

2.  I’m fairly sure that a large majority of AT&T users never use DMZplus (or change any settings in their router), so it’s probably cheaper for the company to roll trucks to replace gear than it is to pay to fix the firmware. However, the call centers promising one router and the fulfillment center delivering another is just dumb. That’s a hit to the bottom line that AT&T shouldn’t be taking.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Glad I saw this thread as I have been troubleshooting like crazy. I called tech support and was a 5 minute phone call, told them my problem and asked for a new gateway. They processed it and are shipping me the NVG599 right now. They must have gotten a billion phone calls about this because they didn't hesitate at all at replacing my Pace and didn't ask me to do the normal redundant troubleshooting. Actually pleased with their tech support right now. 

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

@Bailey_S not to dampen your spirits but you're likely getting another 5268. They told me a few days ago that the NVG599s are out of stock everywhere as are the BGW-210s. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.