Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

It's a Christmas miracle!!  They actually sent me the right device (NVG599).  I'm not home but I asked my wife to check.  I won't be home for several more hours but I'll set it up tonight and I should be good to go after that.

I'm shocked to hear that you can literally buy a BGW210, plug it in and it works!

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

Hello again everyone!

No updates as of yet but wanted to let you all know that we're actively working on solving this issue and haven't forgotten about this. The second I have something to share I will absolutely post it in this thread.

Thank you all for your patience and offers of troubleshooting/testing with us. You truly are amazing people.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@SouthFLGuy44 it was the guy that posted above me that bought one. I'm just a poor soul that just found out from the shipping email that I got sent a 3rd 5268.

Anyone able to give any benefits/differences of the NVG599 over the BGW210? I've got 300 mbps internet and a TV package. All of my own stuff is behind the Netgear Nighthawk X4S so DMZPlus working is more important than wifi on the gateway that'll be turned off. Also functioning IPv6.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

You are going to be running your own network equipment, so both are a wash.  Just get whatever then send you that isn't bugged.  Doesn't matter as it is acting as a "modem" instead of a "router" once you DMZ+ out of their bugged equipment.

So, grab anything non PACE, DMZ+ it, and you are fine.

Or, like I've been saying, downgrade the PACE.  I THINK they are not forcing updates anymore as a "fix", and I'm still getting 300/300 on the downgraded PACE modem/router.  I'm almost a week out on them shipping my NVG599, but I'm back to full speed from a 10.7 downgrade and no forced upgrade thus far.  Still on my downgraded PACE

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Got my NVG599 setup tonight. Was simple and hassle free and the admin pages loaded reasonably fast (unlike the Pace 5268 pages which take eons to load) .

For those still waiting on an NVG599 or BGW210, I'd recommend downgrading to 10.7 as y0bailey has suggested .it's dead simple to do. The link to the proper file and the instructions have been posted by him a few times .The only word of caution I'd give is to give the Pace a solid 20 minutes to fully boot back up .Don't panic and think you've bricked it .at first all you will see is the power light and nothing else for quite a while .Then you'll see power and Ethernet and eventually everything else will come along. But it takes a while .

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

1) Plug computer directly into Pace router

2) http://192.168.1.254/upgrade

3) upload this file: 

gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/00D09E/10.7.0.530220-PROD/att-5268-10.7.0.530220_prod_lightspeed-install.pkgstream

4) hard reset your router.  Hold the RESET button on the back for a solid 60 seconds, freak out when it appears to die with all red lights flashing, then reboot your entire network.  Things worked out for me just fine...but I was scared for a bit. 

5) NOTE: your settings  on your router will be SO SLOW.  Like 5 minutes to load a page.  Have patience, and setup your DMZ+ again.   It will work, but if you think it should load in a few seconds you will be angry. 

AT&T screwed the pooch, but take it upon yourself to fix it, because waiting for them to send the correct fix is an exercise in disappointment.  

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@firestorm126 The biggest difference between all of them and the BGW210 is that the 210 does not support MOCA/coax networking. So all the Uverse TV boxes have to be wireless or cat5 with the 210.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately the 2nd 5268 I received had the older firmware but in about 10 minutes of being up it updated itself so maybe if you manually downgrade it then it'll stick? I wonder if that'll have ramifications for future updates? Either way at this point I'm debating between waiting out or trying to have a truck roll with a BGW210 or NVG599.

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

This is why I don't recommend downgrading firmware.  It's not a true solution since AT&T can auto push an update and you've just wasted your time.

If you want a workaround while still using the PACE, just take router out of DMZ.  Port forward all your respective custom port forwarding that you set up in our router and set it up as well into the PACE and forward to your router's IP.  It will just make the port forwarding like a middleman passthrough.  It still works.  Gateway forward to Router forward to devices.  Might have slight latency increases since it's an extra hop, but I was still able to reach my devices / PLEX server.

Otherwise, just wait for the NVG599 or BGW210 and be done with this issue (until AT&T jacks up the firmware again for these devices).

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@firestorm126 @deteria

When I downgraded it stuck for at least a week until I got my NVG599.  So I'm not certain that they will keep trying to push the new firmware once you've manually uploaded the older firmware.  But... I do agree with what deteria said - you always run the risk of them doing this so the best solution is to simply get your hands on the NVG599 or BGW210 OR do we deteria said and take DMZ+ out of the equation and manually forward all the right ports (which is a small pain).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.