Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@dvcspl Firmway 10.7 isn't the issue, it's the solution.  You should be getting those speeds with 10.7 in DMZ+ mode.  It broke for everyone when AT&T forced 11.X on everyone.

So I suspect your issue was something else all together.  I've been down the Orbi route - I'd highly suspect Netgear was causing an issue.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@y0bailey Yes, thanks to you this is what I've done while I wait.  I fear that they are going to force 11.X back on me soon so I feel like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb but this certainly does the trick.

And it absolutely takes FOREVER for the RG to boot back up after downgrading.  I thought I had bricked it.  Give that sucker a good solid 20 minutes or so to come back up.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@SouthFLGuy44 You are describing the exact scenario I'm hoping to avoid.  My order says NVG599 but I think I've got a 50/50 shot at opening up the box to find a Pace 5268.  The incompetence of AT&T customer support is truly impressive.  

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

@turnerm05 - I laughed out loud when you mentioned Orbi. I left them nearly a year ago and started using eero.  The Orbi firmware updates may have been worse than the AT&T updates on these gateways.  I never ran into such a huge problem with network equipment. 

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@SouthFLGuy44 Oh man.  I started out with Eero and then got tempted by Orbi.  Was super pleased for about three months and then all the bad firmware started dropping.  I've gone back to Eero and I'll never look back.  Rock solid!  Things were humming right along with literally no problems until this latest FW from AT&T.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My replacement NVG599 is not even shipping. Contacted useless customer service and all they had to say was "We're sorry, multiple shipments are delayed".  To recap:

1. AT&T pushed out a firmware update that broke dmzplus for absolutely no reason.

2. Promised a different RG, but sent  me another 5268ac.

3. Promised me an NVG599, but now it's just indefinitely delayed.

What a joke!

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@natemate I feel your pain!  I was almost in the same situation.  My order was pending shipment for nearly a week.  I kept contacting them daily and each day they promised me it was coming "tomorrow."  As of right now, my RG is "out for delivery."  I still think there's a 50% chance that I'll open the box and it will be a Pace 5268 despite being told it is a NVG599 (by customer support and in the order details).

If they send me a Pace 5268 I will seriously just cancel my service and switch providers.  They've already wasted far too much of my time on this.

Oh and get this... when I first got service, they kept the fiber line laying on top of the ground for 3 months.  It ran through my yard and over my neighbor's driveway (he's a very patient man).  I called them weekly to get it buried.  When they finally came out and buried it... they cut through my irrigation system in 6 (SIX!) different places.  I didn't notice until months later because I wasn't running the system at the time as it was during the winter.  $500 later my irrigation system is fixed. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I know you should not have to do this but ended up just buying a used BGW210 on eBay for $30; there was plenty when I bought mine.  It shipped quick and all I had to do was plug it in.  It was easier than dealing with AT&T.  No customer service crap and no truck roll. Now I have 2 gateways should one happen to go bad.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue with 11.1 on the 5268. I chatted in Saturday and requested 210 and they sent me another 5268 on Monday. I chatted in again and got escalated to the technical desk who promised they would send me a 210 that should arrive Thursday. Double NAT'd I have full speed but using DMZPlus I'm getting 50 down/150 up, I pay for 300. A neighbor had a truck roll today who brought him a 210, when asked if he could drop one at my house he said he would have but he didn't have anymore power supplies on his truck and no one in the area did either.

I need UPnP as I've got multiple Xbox One's in my house. The only way to get that it using DMZPlus to my Nighthawk X4S.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

@firestorm126 is there any configuration on AT&T's side they need to do?  In other words do I have to call them up to register this gateway if I decide to just buy a used one? Or is it plug and play?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.