For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

How does one get the older firmware onto the unit? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having this exact same issue as well. Been running pfSense on DMZ+ for years with full speed; now it's capped to 50 down/200 up. Put it in NAT mode and it gets full speed again.

Tried directly with my laptop and it behaves the exact same way.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here.. 50 down in DMZ+ with gigabit fiber.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This is exactly what was happening with my eero network behind my Pace. I would get calls with WiFi Calling and people couldn’t hear me. Thank goodness I found this. I was going crazy. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@ATTKevinHey, feel free to send me a PM, too. I would love to help as I am also affected by this issue. It's the exact same issue that everybody has been mentioning right down to the speeds.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to add myself to this list as well.  I literally stayed up last night trying to figure it out.  I thought my Asus router (RT-AC68U) was crapping out on me.  But then discovered the bug with dmz mode.  Setting dmz mode creates a cap of around 50/200 with out I get 950/950.

Edit:  I tried to downgrade and it completely screwed up my gateway.  I can no longer reset it, the connection is very intermittent and I can’t access the gateway.  Called support last night and they will be spending me a new gateway.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

So the situation gets worse.  I couldn't track my order (NVG599 being overnighted to me) so I contacted customer service.  Unfortunately my order was cancelled due to a "technical issue" so now I'll get it in two days from now.  And then right before I ended the chat session, just to be safe I asked them to confirm what they are sending me.  They were sending me a Pace!  Doh!!

Come on guys.  You need to get your crap together.  This is very unacceptable.  Customer service is truly clueless as to what is going on which means that they can't appropriately service the customers.  It's really simple but you guys are making it complicated and difficult.

I have very little confidence that I'll actually get the NVG599 and have even less confidence that I'll actually get it in two days.  They have assured me that I can see the order in about an hour.  We'll see.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Having a same issue here as well.

First noticed about a month ago when firewall setting was reset without my knowledge. Fixed it and have been getting slow speed since then. I didn't know it was the cause until I investigated last night. Current put the modem out of DMZplus mode but I need it so I can use my own router. Hope a fix is on its way soon.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Hi.

Is there any way to find out when this update got pushed to my RG?  On the settings page it only shows the version and not when it was installed.

Has anyone experienced any other issues than the slowness behind DMZ with this update?

Zyxian

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I was able to "update" back to firmware 10.7 and my problems are solved. 

The only issue I have now is that it takes eons for the admin pages to load on the gateway .

It will be fine until my new Gateway gets here .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.