Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hey everyone - I am being affected by this as well. My service has been working fine since it was installed in my neighborhood, with 680/450 speeds. About 7-12 days ago, I noticed things were a little slower than normal and saw that I was only getting 50/145 speeds on speedtests. I finally got around to calling in to work on it (and have a ticket number if that helps @ATTKevin), but was told that it was my third party router. Tonight I decide to completely replace said router, and was getting 880/150. As soon as I enabled WAN IP mapping/DMZ-Plus it dropped back to 55/105. Flip DMZ-Plus/WAN mapping off, and back up in the 850/150 range. It's very easily reproducible 🙂

Anyway - I'll give ATTKevin a few days to figure something out, and then I will see about a replacement NVG599 if there's not a fix coming soon.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Add me to the list of having this problem. On Business Internet 50 and the update got pushed to me after a reboot. 5268 -> ERX through DMZPlus+. I get around 45 downish instead of the nice 55 when directly connected to the RG.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same here. I'm subscribed to 100/100 service and receive that when connected directly to RG, but with my own router in DMZ mode, I am getting 50/100 speeds.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same here. pfsense connected to 5268AC only getting 40/200. Unplug pfsense and plug computer into 5268AC I get 950/950. The weird thing is I have OpenVPN setup on my pfsense if I use OpenVPN I get 500/200.

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm continuing to receive a lot of private messages from you all providing your account details, locations, and setups - I can't thank you all enough!

I don't currently have any updates, but wanted to let you all know that we're actively working on a solution and are hearing you all loud and clear.

By posting that you have a problem, and reporting this with the level of details that you have, we'll continue to get closer to a speedy resolution.

Thanks again!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Also more than happy to help debug. Seeing the exact same issue ... have a Ubiquiti infrastructure behind the Pace, had it working great with DMZplus (~940 symmetric) until the update. After the update, my everyone in the house had AT&T Wifi calling failing on our iPhones, and had the 50/200 behavior others identified. After beating my head against this for hours (lots of tcpdumping, watching flows, rebuilding my edge router, etc) I finally swapped out the router, and everything was working great. As a last step I went into the RG and set DMZplus and suddenly it all was back to the failed state. 

What information can we PM you that would help?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

@ATT Kevin - Another affected user. just noticed the reduction in speed about a week and a half ago. am running 11.1.0.531418-att firmware on my 5268AC. Thought it was my router (AC68) had not tried taking it out of DMZ plus mode as I have some port forwarding set up on it that I don't feel like recreating on the Pace.

Hate to see this get passed the QC, but hopefully now that ATT is COMPLETELY aware of the issue we can get an updated firmware pushed out.

Quesitons:

1) Possible to roll back to the previous firmware? How would a customer do this?

2) Can tech support push out patched firmware when its available when customer calls, or do we just have to wait for it to cycle through? 

I'm paying for 1000/1000 and only getting 50/400 at best on most days, because of an issue with AT&T equipment. Sure I could just use the Pace but thats not the point and the experience of using the PACE is not the same as using how I traditionally have my network configured behind the Asus. If we contact customer service is there another gateway that DOESN'T present this issue that we can specifically request  and get? Guessing we can't just visit an AT&T store to swap this out? 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I will also note, my current workaround has been using older firmware on my 5268AC, which is getting me 700~ down/500~ up at the moment with 9-15ms ping.

On the latest firmware with DMZ+, I was getting 50/200 with 13-15ms ping.

Before this issue, in the first weeks after my initial Fiber 1000 install, I was getting 800/800 with 1-2ms ping

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTKevin - thanks for looking into this.  I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out why my speeds went from a steady 800-900 up and down to 45-50 down and 100ish up on 11/11.  Someone on Reddit pointed out the firmware issue and I'm in the exact same boat.

Spoke with customer service today and they are sending me the NVG599 so maybe that will solve my issue but I'd really like to see a fix from AT&T on the Pace gateway as well.  It's really frustrating as a customer to suddenly wake up to this one day.  Appreciate your help in looking into it though.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Add me to the list of DMZ+ users with sudden crap-out on Pace 5268AC.  11.01 firmware. I will be reaching out to support tomorrow. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.