Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bellhead's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 2:07 AM

Outage.. How do we report a whole subdivision down.

So my whole subdivision of about 250 houses is out, all I am getting is a truck roll along with about 200 neighbors...

Is there anyway to talk to a human...  that can help me.

I've got 30 years of telco experience both as a splicer and network technician. 

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

It looks like AT&T would respond to issues more quickly.  But that costs money, they don't care about customers.  Look on your bill and there should be a customer service number on it.  @ATTHelp is the customer service folks on here. You can send them a PM

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If I see line problem (e.g., red broadband light) I usually wait a few hours or next day (depending on when I detect it).  After that I call tech support (800-288-2020) to see if they know of an outage in my area.  If they do know (generally they don't) that's the end of that.  All I can do is wait.   If they don't know I have them check the line from their end.  If it is indeed an outage it would show up in their line test.  They would then dispatch a tech.   On the other hand maybe telling them the entire subdivision is out will get through their thick skulls and they could handle that appropriately.

If it doesn't then I'd like to believe that if enough people from the same outage area call tech support (tech support usually doesn't take one caller's report that it's an area wide outage) they would get the "hint" it is an area wide outage. But generally tech support works with "blinders on" and there is no correlation of calls among individual call center "doids" in the same call center and certainly not across different call centers in different countries.  Too bad.  They might save a few bucks not dispatching multiple trucks.

Maybe the group that does the dispatching for an area can put two and two together and knows enough to dispatch only a single truck to check the lines in that single area.  If that becomes the case you never know about it and all you know is your lights are green and everything is working again.  They don't contact the individual customers leaving them waiting for a tech appointment that never happens!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.