Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Patpiwo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 5:43 PM

Latest Firmware for Arris BGW210-700

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is available for the Arris BGW210-700 Gateway?  Additionally, if my router needs the latest firmware, where can I download it and update my router?  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

6 years ago

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

6 years ago

I would not suggest applying 1.7.14. It has some oddities such as several firewall options missing compared to all other versions, All of the system logs except for the firewall log are gone. Also AT&T actually did pull 1.7.14 from the update server however you can still download 1.6.9 by using the direct URL. The fact they bothered to hide 1.7.14 should be enough proof that its not a final production ready build (in other words its beta). Here is the 1.6.9 update for anyone that still needs it.

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/001E46/BGW210-700_1.6.9/spTurquoise210-700_1.6.9.bin

After downloading the update file, to apply it to your BGW-210 go to its Web GUI (Default is http://192.168.1.254 ) . Then click "Diagnostics" on the top tab, then click "Update" on the second level of tabs. Click "choose file" and select the update file you downloaded named "spTurquoise210-700_1.6.9.bin" (should be in your downloads folder) and click Ok. Then click the Update button. It will take about 5 mins for the update to apply and your BGW-210 to reboot. DO NOT UNPLUG THE GATEWAY AT ANY POINT DURING THE UPDATE.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

You don't control the firmware in att's gateways.  ATT pushes updates on their own schedule.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks figure as much.

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

6 years ago

The latest version seems to be 1.3.12. My 210 was update to this version a few weeks ago. The U-verse forums on dslreports.com is a good place to find this stuff out and no one has posted about receiving a newer version. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have 1.5.12 on mine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have 1.5.12 on mine too...

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Mine is 1.6.7

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

6 years ago

Yes now the latest seems to be 1.6.7. I have not received it yet (I'm in Central Arkansas). Still on 1.5.12. However I've seen a whole lot of threads and posts here and on DSLReports of people having bugs with 1.6.7 so. As seems to be the case with these firmware updates its one step forward two steps back. Specifically it seems the big bug is port forwarding breaks every 30 mins or requiring a reboot to fix it. I'm glad I don't make use of port forwarding cause of course I'll have 1.6.7 pushed to me any night now, but I feel bad for those that do need it. Amazes me how a bug that noticeable was not caught by some form of testing or quality assurance before release. Really stinks for those that need port forwarding cause who knows how long it will be before the next firmware to fix the bugs this one introduced.

On the plus side cloudflare ipv4 DNS address is reachable now if you care about that (if you have native ipv6 in your area you've always been able to just use their ipv6 DNS address).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.