For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
billcrowley's profile

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

Tuesday, December 24th, 2013 3:38 AM

Gigapower Terabyte Box Issue with Harmony One Remote

I have had a number of uverse boxes over the years and my Harmony One has always worked very well.  I just received the Terabyte Gigapower DVR (Model IPH 8010) today and everything works except for the numbers 0-9.  If I want to enter 4 numbers to go to another channel, I can enter the number 2 for example but none of the other numbers that I push after that actually register with the dvr box.  I have spent hours working on various settings changes with the Harmony Remote software but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

My DVR box failed yesterday and the techs came out to replace it.  They were very aware of the remote control issues.  They replaced the box twice and finally got one that worked.

They updated the software and now the ATT remote works perfectly...much better than before.  No complaints.  They mentioned that sometimes techs will have boxes on thier truck for sometime and it may not be a recently manufactured one.

So if you are having the issue even though your box may relatively new, you might see if they can do a software/firmware upgrade or switch out the box alltogether.

However, my Harmony remote works slightly better but it is still doubling the key presses.  Maybe I can use different codes to see if it works better.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@billcrowley 

Would you please post the version for the new firmware.

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

I couldnt find anything that specifically stated firmware. But, the Platform OS/Version is 5.0.1400 and the TV2 client is 2.2.32129.80

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

billcrowley - Have you seen the old posts with the tape suggestion? If you cover the IR sensor with this tape or the equivalent degree of transparency, it should solve the remaining IR problem.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-2-in-x-150-ft-Vinyl-Electrical-Bundling-Tape-Silver-30002664/202741845#specifications

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

Yep. I actually went and bought the tape this morning....haven't tried it out yet. Will give it a shot tonight and let you know how it goes.

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

the tape didnt work at all.  It made it worse.  the signal was completely blocked and neither the ATT or Harmony remote worked.  The DVR would not responde to any button presses from either remote.

I tried gradually reducing the size of teh tape on the front of the box but this did not help

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for posting. Kudos for not giving up. Isn't it amazing to see how involved Logitech is in the actual operation of the remote. Not just programming the buttons for each function, but considering how the many devices in the overall setup react.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

We just got U verse 1 giga power tv. Our new box model IPH8110 is not working with any of remotes. I should say it's working but the box is not reading it. I'll push the 1 button and two number 1's pop up. So trying to type in a number takes forever. When surfing with the remote you hit the up channel once and it goes two to three channels ahead. It acts sluggish some times and then it over reacts. It gets stuck on the on demand channels, never a problem with the old box. We have tried all of our remotes in the house, they all do it with the new box. They work fine with the wireless boxes. So we decided to try the point anywhere remote.....does the same thing! I think it's our box and not the remotes. I think the technology in the box doesn't work well with the technology in the remotes. Can someone help? I'm not tech savvy so explain it to me like a I'm a 6 year old
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.