For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
apexnubbin's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 25th, 2017 3:09 AM

Gateway set up with google wifi, gigabit switch and Leviton Cat6 media panel

Hi

Background:

I have U-verse U300 fiber internet/TV and I have several questions how to correctly set up my components. My current set up is the Pace 5268AC gateway with all four ports directly connected to my Leviton Cat6 48 port media panel in a 3rd floor closet (3600 sq foot home). Three ports for TV and one to my PC. My goal is to create a smart home using the Samsung Smartthings hub over a Google wifi mesh to help with weak wifi zones on the first floor and backyard. I'd also like to utilize more of the remaining Leviton Cat6 medial panel ports with a gigabit switch to hardwire the other Google access points and other smart devices. 

Questions:

1. What's the best solution to turn off the wifi on the Pace 5268ac gateway so that I can use Google wifi?

2. What is the best component setup? 3 gateway ports to the Leviton panel for the TVs and 1 gateway port to the gigabit switch then google wifi, Samsung hub, and additional Leviton ports (PC and other wall ports in the house)? Or 1 gateway port to google wifi, then to the gigabit switch, and then to the rest of the Leviton ports (TVs, PC, and other wall ports in the house) and components (Samsung hub)? 

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

1: Simply log into the modem's GUI (192.168.1.254) [device access code is printed on your 5268] and click on the drop-down that says "enabled", change that to disabled. You will want to do this for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, the guest network is disabled by default.

2: Really whatever works best for you and what your trying to do, if it works it works. I will say though some switches don't properly pass the Uverse IPTV. Ideally you will want to have your Uverse TV boxes fed directly from the AT&T 5268's ethernet ports.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.