Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
digitalicarus's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 9th, 2014 5:17 AM

Frequent connectivity dropouts on GigaPower

For the past month or more I've suffered intermittent connection drop outs on GigaPower. If I wait 20 - 30 seconds I suddenly have connectivity again. When this happens even web pages on the ATT device show a 408 error.

I'm at my wits end. Tech support gave me a bogus answer that the wireless on the ATT router was probably interfering with the other wireless routers. I was careful to put eveything on a different channel and before GigaPower never had issues with radio interference with the exact same setup. Obviously disabling wireless on the ATT router did not work.

I need my internet connection for my work as a software engineer and don't know how to get the right kind of attention on this problem. This webpage describes the exact problem I'm having http://stopthecap.com/2014/04/23/att-gigapower-cant-even-reliably-deliver-300mbps-service-complain-customers/

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.07.36 AM.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

After having Gigapower for 6weeks I'm switching to a competitor that I hate. I keep dropping for a few seconds at least 3 or 4 times an hour and lose VPN then. 4 techs and equipment changed. Can't deal with att stupidity anymore.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Have you tried disabling IPV6 on the gateway?  I had a similar experience and disabling IPV6 dramatically improved the situation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.