Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Fiber 1000 Plan

Contributor

Fiber 1000 Plan

Recently I have gotten reduced speed on the upload side of the connection. This seems to have been a problem back in 2016 and 2017 but as far as many complaints this year, there are not as many. Can anyone tell me if the problem was contained back during the beginning of fiber optic connections with the 1G plan. I am getting almost full download speeds upwards to around 900M but the upload speed to every device connected stays approximately around 1M. Testing from the modem speed test shows the modem is getting the full connection to and from the modem but these speeds are not reflected on any devices. The downstream is around 907M and the upstream is around 704M from the modem speed test. Really at a loss for any answer because anytime that I have seen a problem with the speeds it would be a fast upload and slow download. Confusing.........

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Fiber 1000 Plan

Wired or WiFi?

If wired, try a different cable between the device and gateway. Run diagnostics for the gateway to see if Ethernet ports are bad. Under home network, select configure and see if Ethernet ports are set to auto. Check your equipment settings to see your network card is bad. Any antivirus programs added recently?

If WiFi you won’t get 1gig. Lucky to get 300. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support