Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DMZ+ mode on Pace 5268AC to my asus ac3100

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Tutor

DMZ+ mode on Pace 5268AC to my asus ac3100

As I understand it, the DMZ + setting should be forwarding all traffic to my Asus router after enabling DMZ+ to it and changing the advanced firewall settings. However, I am unable to get ports to forward through to my Internal devices. I had this configured on the Pace itself until adding the Asus into my network.

So does DMZ+ actually forward all ports to my router or is it just "kind of a DMZ, but not really"?

Message 1 of 15
Professor

Re: DMZ+ mode on Pace 5268AC to my asus ac3100

@MrPinhed

As far as I know, DMZ puts your router right on the AT&T network. You need to check to things to confirm you are in DMZ:

1. On the 5268ac Settings/Firewall/Status panel do you see that Asus is listed as being in the DMZ?
  2. On the Asus, is the upstream IP address something other than a 192.168.1.x?

Yes, it is listed as having all ports forwarded to it. And shows as a DMZ device.

The Asus has the Public IP. I have ports forwarded as I always have when I was on another ISP. But the ports are not showing as opened. 

Message 3 of 15
Professor

I have seen this issue before and I believe it may be an issue with the 5268ac. Passing to AT&T for comments.

@ATTDSLCare @ATTCustomerCare

Accepted by topic author
Accepted by MrPinhed
‎01-26-2017 9:48 AM

Well, I got this resolved. The ports are forwarding, the network connection of the machine I was trying to get to was set to public and the firewall was blocking the ports. after changing the network connection profile to public all is well. Should have checked this yesterday buit I didn't even think about it.

Message 5 of 15
Contributor

@MrPinhed

There are some reported issues with other ASUS routers' reliability in DMZ mode, have you been able to test your setup yet? Any input regarding reliability and performance is appreciated since I am shopping for a router that works with 5268AC.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 15
ACE - Expert

I know of no issue specifically related to ASUS routers behind U-verse Gateways.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 15
Contributor

This question may not be related, when using a third party router like the Asus AC3100 or any other third party router, is there any other setting needed to be changed with AT&T's residential gateway under the Firewall section of the "Advanced Configuration" tab? and which box to check and uncheck under the "Advanced Configuration" tab for DMZ+ to work properly?

need help with the correct settings in the "Advanced Configuration" Tab to have DMZ+ mode running correctly.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15
Professor

Realize that some devices behave poorly when assigned to the DMZ, my Airport Extreme is one.

1. Either factory reset or configure your Asus to accept a DHCP address from the 5268ac.
  2. Once the Asus is up and running, find out what IP address it was assigned.
  3. Go into the 5268ac and the Settings/Firewall/Applications, Pinholes and DMZ page.
  4. Step 1) Select a Computer. Select the Asus. If you don't see the Asus, key in the IP address it was assigned and select Choose.
  5. Step 2) Select 'Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)' and then 'Save'
  6. Go to Setup/Firewall/Status and confirm that the Asus is now in the DMZ

I'm doing this as well with a custom build Sophos UTM on a Zotac CI323 Nano. I have gotten the UTM in DMZ mode, but have a question about the other 3 ports on the Pace.

Once I have my UTM in the DMZ working, are the other 3 ports on the Pace useless? And does it create a conflict if I put another device in there? I'm thinking the UTM has the WAN IP, and if I put something into one of those ports, it might...  Or is it another WAN IP, and the other 3 ports should work fine to test with?

The only reason I have done this is to test my speeds, which have been fluctuating for the last few days.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 15
Professor

rgiskard wrote:

I'm doing this as well with a custom build Sophos UTM on a Zotac CI323 Nano. I have gotten the UTM in DMZ mode, but have a question about the other 3 ports on the Pace.

Once I have my UTM in the DMZ working, are the other 3 ports on the Pace useless? And does it create a conflict if I put another device in there? I'm thinking the UTM has the WAN IP, and if I put something into one of those ports, it might...  Or is it another WAN IP, and the other 3 ports should work fine to test with?

The only reason I have done this is to test my speeds, which have been fluctuating for the last few days.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, placing a device in the DMZ only impacts the device, not the port. All other devices connected to the 5268ac will receive DHCP generated IP addresses (192.168.1.0 network).

I don't believe the DMZ can be used for more than one device.

Thanks.

Then I'm falling into the bucket of new subcsribers whose speeds started out nicely and slowed soon thereafter.

I went with the 300mbps, and after install got 1ms pings with 375mbps up/down consistently. One week later, it is fluctuating wildly.  Just wanted to rule out testing wired to the Pace in addition to having the UTM in DMZ mode wasn't creating any issue.

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 15
Tutor

ATT UVERSE 5268 AC I had IPV6 ~ then poof it is gone  ~ service call, new  new modem, new mac IP address ~

Configuration ~ all the trick of the trade ~ from taking IPV4 away from the connection to resetting the setting of IPV6 enabled

Support ! worthless ~ one telephone answerer in the phillipines asked me, "what is IPv6 is that the error message ?"     

How can it be there one moments and gone the new 

I find it incredulous ~ I'm taking this. climbing all the way up the ladder with this on my back ~ taking the problem program to Randall L. Stephenson

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

This was my understanding.  The device that you setup to forward traffic to (standalone router) is issued a WAN IP address.  All other devices are issued DHCP private IP's.  Has this impacted anyone's ability to connect to the forwarded device (standalone router) itself?  Either internally or externally?

Message 14 of 15
Contributor

I have recently got ASUS RT-AC5300 and put it on DMZ+ mode but actually not all ports are open. ATT still blocking most ports on the IP.

For example: if you try connecting IKEv2 or IPSec VPN then it just refuses to connect. It only allows openVPN via TCP or UDP (443).

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support