Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BGW210 and Passthrough/Port Forwarding

Contributor

BGW210 and Passthrough/Port Forwarding

I have a router running in a VM, and I've got the BGW210 successfully in passthrough mode - meaning that yes, I can get internet across my network.  However, I also need port forwarding for "custom services."  So I followed the instructions for configuring "NAT/gaming."  However, because I am using passthrough, the BGW is not accessible on the 192.168.1.254 address from behind my own router/firewall.  If I connect my laptop directly to the unit, the only device to which I can forward the port IS the laptop.  The router interface is not a selectable option.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the unit to both pass the DHCP-assigned WAN IP to my router, and also allow me to access my stuff remotely?

Message 1 of 2
Scholar

Re: BGW210 and Passthrough/Port Forwarding

If you're using passthrough mode, then all port forwarding and other firewall functions should be done on the router/firewall receiving the public ip.  The att gateway is passing and/all traffic, unmolested to this router.

Which hypervisor are you using, which router/firewall?

You may need to allow permissions to 192.168.1.0/24 network from your firewall.  I'm running sophos utm and am able to access the att gateway (192.168.1.254) without any issues.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support