Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT Fiber 1gbps speed halved when connecting through cascaded router

Contributor

ATT Fiber 1gbps speed halved when connecting through cascaded router

I have an ATT uverse modem/router (5268ac fxn). I have another router, a netgear ac1750 connected to the att router. I have a 1gbps internet connection. If I connect my computer to the netgear router through ethernet, I only get 500mbps, whereas if I connect to the att router I get the 1gbps on speedtest. What could be going on?

Message 1 of 2
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by nefandusx
‎10-27-2016 9:56 AM

Re: ATT Fiber 1gbps speed halved when connecting through cascaded router

Hello @nefandusx

It sounds like the netgear is running at half-duplex instead of full duplex. Is the other router set up as a wireless bridge/repeater? because that will halve your speed.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support