For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
friscouser's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 24th, 2017 7:16 PM

AT&T SSL decrypt (?) is breaking my Android Apps

For the past 2 weeks, the "Sony Playstation (VUE)" App has stopped working on my Android devices as well as FireTV (Which runs Android). The app quits right after the launch with "Unsecure server connection detected". i.e. I don't even see a login-prompt. 

The problem started happening about 2 weeks back... . "ALL other" apps like Netflix, Amazon video, Hulu etc. work perfectly fine.

The more technical details (which are way above the head of AT&T first-level support) is that the same application behaves as below

1. Works --> When connected to my Office SSID (that goes through the AT&T circuit also but as VPN traffic and therefore AT&T network just sees that as VPN encrypted traffic)

2. Fails --> When connected to my Home SSID, which goes through AT&T circuit . The application fails with error "We detected an unsecure server connection".

Looking for any ideas on what could be the issue here...

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @friscouser,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having and thank for the detailed information. 

In some instances, a reset of the modem has resolved some issues like this. We recommend performing a software reset. You will find instructions on how to perform it here

Please let us know if this works or not. If it does not work, please let us know what services you have, DSL or U-verse. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.