Explore & discover

Helpful Links

100 Meg and less speed for Gigapower price

Employee

100 Meg and less speed for Gigapower price

I am having a speed issue with my Gigapower service.  The last time I did a speed test with my most updated PC I was getting over 800 Meg up and Down.  I've recently experienced alot if buffering on my wired device and decided to run another speed test.  I am consistently getting around 63 Meg down and and lows 90s up.  I have a 5268 RG that I have already factory reset.  I've disabled IPV6 and changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex.  My PC has Windows 10 installed, all drivers are up to date and my NIC is a gig enabled card.  I've tried using Chrome and Firefox browsers with the same results.  I have not changed what normally connects to my network and right now I am directly connected to my RG.  Any ideas on what else could be affecting me and how I may be able to resolve this?  Thank you for your time.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Employee
Accepted by Jayman1124
‎03-12-2018 4:51 PM

Re: 100 Meg and less speed for Gigapower price

@Jayman1124 wrote:

....  Any ideas on what ... could be affecting me and how I may be able to resolve this?...

Yes, I have one suggestion

@Jayman1124 wrote:

...  I've ... changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex....

Undo that.  That will limit you to 100 Mbps.  You want 1000 Mbps (which isn't a setting on the Gateway, it has to auto negotiate fo get Gigabit).  You most likely could lock your client device at 1 Gbps if you want.  That way it won't connect unless it gets a Gigabit link.

Try multiple speed tests, and report all of them here.  You might also try downloading a large file and looking at the speed in MBps (which is 1/8ths of Mbps) to see what you're getting.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Employee

1520817385930374107195.jpg

I took your one suggestion and here is the initial result.  I will continue to do speed tests and post results.  Thank you for correcting me on that.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Employee

20180312_192241.jpgSpeedtest.net

20180312_193050.jpgATT Speedtest

Speed issue seems to have been corrected.  I now consider this issue closed.  Thank you JefferMC for being spot on.

Message 4 of 5

WTG @JefferMC

You were always a wealth of information.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support