I am having a speed issue with my Gigapower service. The last time I did a speed test with my most updated PC I was getting over 800 Meg up and Down. I've recently experienced alot if buffering on my wired device and decided to run another speed test. I am consistently getting around 63 Meg down and and lows 90s up. I have a 5268 RG that I have already factory reset. I've disabled IPV6 and changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex. My PC has Windows 10 installed, all drivers are up to date and my NIC is a gig enabled card. I've tried using Chrome and Firefox browsers with the same results. I have not changed what normally connects to my network and right now I am directly connected to my RG. Any ideas on what else could be affecting me and how I may be able to resolve this? Thank you for your time.
... I've ... changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex....
Undo that. That will limit you to 100 Mbps. You want 1000 Mbps (which isn't a setting on the Gateway, it has to auto negotiate fo get Gigabit). You most likely could lock your client device at 1 Gbps if you want. That way it won't connect unless it gets a Gigabit link.
Try multiple speed tests, and report all of them here. You might also try downloading a large file and looking at the speed in MBps (which is 1/8ths of Mbps) to see what you're getting.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever* *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.