For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Jayman1124's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 11th, 2018 7:58 PM

100 Meg and less speed for Gigapower price

I am having a speed issue with my Gigapower service.  The last time I did a speed test with my most updated PC I was getting over 800 Meg up and Down.  I've recently experienced alot if buffering on my wired device and decided to run another speed test.  I am consistently getting around 63 Meg down and and lows 90s up.  I have a 5268 RG that I have already factory reset.  I've disabled IPV6 and changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex.  My PC has Windows 10 installed, all drivers are up to date and my NIC is a gig enabled card.  I've tried using Chrome and Firefox browsers with the same results.  I have not changed what normally connects to my network and right now I am directly connected to my RG.  Any ideas on what else could be affecting me and how I may be able to resolve this?  Thank you for your time.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Jayman1124 wrote:

....  Any ideas on what ... could be affecting me and how I may be able to resolve this?...

Yes, I have one suggestion

@Jayman1124 wrote:

...  I've ... changed my Ethernet ports to 10/100 Full duplex....

Undo that.  That will limit you to 100 Mbps.  You want 1000 Mbps (which isn't a setting on the Gateway, it has to auto negotiate fo get Gigabit).  You most likely could lock your client device at 1 Gbps if you want.  That way it won't connect unless it gets a Gigabit link.

Try multiple speed tests, and report all of them here.  You might also try downloading a large file and looking at the speed in MBps (which is 1/8ths of Mbps) to see what you're getting.

Employee

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

1520817385930374107195.jpg

I took your one suggestion and here is the initial result.  I will continue to do speed tests and post results.  Thank you for correcting me on that.

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

20180312_192241.jpgSpeedtest.net

20180312_193050.jpgATT Speedtest

Speed issue seems to have been corrected.  I now consider this issue closed.  Thank you JefferMC for being spot on.

2 Attachments

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

WTG @JefferMC

You were always a wealth of information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.