For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Dallas2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 15th, 2018 9:36 PM

Lack of communication from ATT

Today, there is a significant problem for thousands of ATT users which I could only find out about from a local TV station. My landline, internet and TV cable have been down for several hours. The ATT customer service line is not working (I tried it several times over 2+ hours). I tried a chat to get help but that was not helpful. Finally, I connected to LTE and “talked” to a rep in Phillipines who did not know about the outage till he looked it up and then did not know any details. He only knew that it was to be fixed within 24 hours. (tv station reported that no repair time was given). I won’t go into the effort it took to get any answers except it was very timely and not painless. Finally, the rep texted the following address ( which does not work) to get updates- u-fix.att.com/722bfb0. Obviously, ATT cannot properly handle communications when they have a problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

I don’t rely on internet access for my living.  For me it was a big fat inconvenience to be without TV, internet & phone.  

I knew it was bigger than just mine when I started getting phone calls from friends & family across the Metroplex that have AT&T.

Within an hour I was hearing that it was a fire in Richardson and it was “major”.  That word alone should be a clue that repairs were not going to happen quickly.

Is this all a PITA?  Yes but it’s not the end of the world.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, but if you did rely on Internet access for a living, you'd think ATT would have the most sophisticated situation room and the ability to post significant events and outages in their network in an easy to find location for end-users.Outages can come from acts of terrorism, environment, service, disaster, etc.

I've been in Delta's command center at the busiest airport in the world and the logistics there for that airline were quite impressive. They push updates to my phone when there is an impact to me. I imagine ATT could and should do similar.

I also imagine someone, somewhere in ATT's engineering organization is working on something to address just this sort of issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

My daughter works from home but does not have ATT (she has Frontier, previously Verizon but that’s a whole other kettle of fish).

When there’s an outage (and it happens to all ISPs) she’s forced to take PTO time.  Same if there’s a power outage.  It’s the risk one takes for the convenience of working from home.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.