Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet pricing

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Highlighted
Tutor

Internet pricing

I am at AT&T customer in Cupertino, currently on the Internet 100 fiber plan.

For the first year I was charged $60/month for the Internet plan. Recently the pricing switched to $70/month, which I had not planned for, so my automatic payments got a bit off track while I was in vacation.

I am quite confused as to what price points may be available to me:

- Looking at my bill online, my current monthly charge is listed as $70 for "Internet 100 Stand-alone$10 off"

- Looking at "Change your service" in my account, I can see that I could upgrade to the Internet 300 (fiber) plan for the same monthly price of $70 (listed as $90 - $10 off ongoing -$10 off first 12 months). I was not able to find the conditions that may be associated to this, does that put me on a new yearly contract ? Is there an ETF associated with it ? What happens at the end of 12 months, am I able to get back to the Internet 100 fiber plan if I want to save a few bucks ?

- Looking at https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html, the Internet 100 (fiber) plan I am on seems to be advertised at $50/month for the first year. It is not clear to me if I should be able to get that price by extending my contract for another year ???

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by walken
‎09-12-2018 4:10 AM

Re: Internet pricing

The $50 internet is a NEW customer promotion for 12 months, then rate goes to full retail per the TOS the same as happened to you.

Existing customer may be able to receive a discount, but not as steep as new customer.

Yes if you accept a lower price than retail, you have entered into a new 112 month contract with $180 early termination fee pro rated $15 per month.

By accepting a lower rate you are committing to a term contract, if which to cancel without an ETF then need to stay on the retail price. 

Example if moving within next 90 days the $10 a month discount or $30 savings have you paying a $135 ETF.

Similarly if move your service, new install is a new contract for another 12 months.

Thinking your moving your service with 3 months before cancelling service as contract fulfilled would be wrong as have a new 12 month contract.

If desire to move and desire a different service, just cancel and pay the ETF that is existing.

edit... to get the new customer $50 pricing for 100M would require cancelling your service, returning the gateway via UPS or FEDEX.

Sign up as a new customer, scheduled for new install, $99 installation fee ((50x12)+99=$699 first year), new gateway.

May be without any service for a number of days between the cancel and install time.

I have heard of some ordering cable service, for the inbetween time and then cancelling cable internet.

Two installs, or time without for a very small savings (70x12=840-699=$141 compared to trip to return equipment. going without, waiting for new install...

Then add in the $10 off new 12 month deal means the cost difference is (70x12)-(10x12)-699=$21. Thus would pay $21 more over 12 months (1.65/month) compared to canceling and reordering.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks for clarifying the terms of the "change your service" offer - this addresses my issue. I am marking your answer as solution.

I remember this information was very easy to find when I signed up last year, and I was disappointed that it wasn't as readily available now. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a chat support option anymore also didn't help, as this was a really quick way to clarify this sort of minor issues.

I agree that walking out just to sign back up with new service sounds like it'd be a huge hassle for everyone involved. If anyone is thinking about going that far... hint, try talking to the retentions department first, they may be able to help Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

OK, I'm trying to clarify this for my own situation. I plan to move to a new address in November. My current contract ends in a week. If I upgrade my plan and renew my contract now, then transfer my service in two months, then am I forced to pay an ETF for transferring the service to my new residence or will everything, including my ongoing contract, carry over to the new address?

Message 4 of 5
Employee

@banzaigtv

Do you know where you will be moving to? Does that address offer ATT Internet? At what speed tier?

Moving to an address where service is not offered or a lower speed tier, example you have 50/10 and next address would only support 10/1, that is not acceptable to you would result in paying an ETF. Considering the move is 2 months away, if you do not know the answers to above questions, I would recommend just paying the higher retail prices for 2 months instead of a possible $150 ETF (10 months remaining at $15 per month). IF the next address has what you want or can accept, then go ahead and renew your service. Then can transfer you service with a new 12 month contract at a discounted promotion.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support