For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
richp1949's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2016 4:04 PM

I Can See My IP Cameras at Home But Not Remotely

I have a Foscam F19828P, and 2 Panasonic BL-121 cameras.  I can "see" them locally but cannot "see" them on the internet.  The registration is correct on the Panasonic's ... I use Viewnetcam.com DDNS service from them which has been reliable since I installed the cameras.  I have into the Pace 5268AC router but I just can't seem to get it to work.  HELP!

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

I suspect that a connection to the devices are being blocked by the Pace 5268AC firewall.

Find out what the port requirements are for each device and configure the port passthrough Pace 5268AC accordingly.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I am sure that you are right about the Pace router.  I neglected to include the fact that the ATT tech kept the Netgear router that was already here in-place and put the Pace in front of it.  

Since my last post, I found a setting for "router in front of a router", which I checked.  I decided to focus on the Foscam since they have a procedure listed on how to install their cameras on ATT routers, located at:

http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/guide-to-port-forwarding-2wire-router/

I also was able to include the Foscam in my customer applications for going throught he firewall but I still can't see my camera from outside my network.  

Any additional ideas?

Thanks,

Rich 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

"I neglected to include the fact that the ATT tech kept the Netgear router that was already here in-place and put the Pace in front of it." Are you trying to say that the units are cabled as follows:

dsl-----Pace 5268AC-----Netgear------home network 

-or-

dsl-----Netgear----- Pace 5268AC-----home network

In either case, why was that done? What model of Netgear? Do you have WiFi for each? You're going to have to provide detailed information about this.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Great questions!

The install is dsl -- Pace -- Netgear -- Home network

When we put the Pace in the Wi-Fi (from the Pace) was not available in part of the house where we DO use Wi-Fi.  So he put the Netgear (Model R6250) back.  

I downloaded Blue Iris and it told me the camera ports are not open.  Just how do I do that with my configuration?

Thanks for your help!

Rich

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thw Wi-Fi and camera settings stayed with the settings before the Pace Install.... FYI

And yes there is Wi-Fi for both but I'm only (currently) using the Netgear Wi-Fi.

Rich

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Step one - Connect to the Pace's Ethernet or WiFi and confirm that you can view images from both cameras.

Once we confirm that we can work on the Pace's firewall.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

7 years ago

Ron knows his stuff but I have just set up CCTV for a buddy of mine so will share this while fresh in my mind.

Usually it's port 80 that needs to be allowed for remote viewing.

Go to canyouseeme.org on a computer attached to your network and enter port 80.

If it cant been seen then unblock port 80 on your Pace RG.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for all the help!  I did solve it albiet with some additional help.

The port forwarding issue was at the Netgear modem....

DSL  --- Pace --- Netgear --- Cameras

The Netgear Port forwarding was wrong in a number of ways.  It had the wrong Ip address and it's ports weren't all correct either.

I went in the Netear router and went to Connected Devices then Advanced Setup.... the option to edit/reassign Ip addresses was employed to associate the right Ip address with the right Port number with the right camera.

It was an iterative process with the router and the cameras.... took a couple of tries to set the cameras right... in one case I had to manually set the camera to what I had the router at and then reset the camera... then go back in once the settings took and put the camera back to Auto Assignment .. this process gives a port modification notice possibility, but that never happened to the camera.

So now my ip address of xx.yy.zz.aa can be queried with three additonal Port Numbers attached and you get camera images and control off-site.

Hope this information helps someone else... it was hard and frustrating.  I was trying to port forward the Pace modem which of course is all wrong.

Many Thanks,

Rich

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Rich. 

I ve got same issue. Can access cameras via WiFi at the location of cameras but not from cant access remotely from outside. 

What exactly do i need to do?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Do have a router behind your ATT router? My problem was that .... I was using a wireless router for my IP casmeras. Is that possibly your issue?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.