Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
kainlan's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, February 13th, 2014 5:01 PM

High Speed Internet Equipment Fee

When I signed up for gigapower it said the High Speed Internet Equipment Fee was included, yet I have a fee for 6 dollars on my bill for this. Is that correct? It seems that the 120 was supposed to include that, but I'm currently being charge 126 before any taxes or other fees involved.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

If you go through the signup process when it's doing the price break down it specifically mentions the 7 dollar high speed equipment fee and says "included" under the 70 dollars for internet. When I signed up for uverse initially when it gives the total monthly fee at the end it included it. When I signed up for gigapower the total monthly given was 120 (before taxes) which claimed to also included the equipment fee.

Scholar

• 

80 Messages

10 years ago

I'm looking at my AT&T U-verse Order Receipt right now.

Under Pricing and Services summary It says: Package includes (1) free Receiver and $6/7 Month Internet Equipment fee. Because I ordered the HD and movie package option it also lists those then gives the TOTAL pricing minus the promotional discount.

In bold text it reads Total Monthly Recurring charges.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also confused by this. I am moving to Austin in mid-May and signed up for GigaPower. When I signed up, it showed that the $7 HSI Equipment Fee was included in the $70 for the internet plan (I've attached a picture of the quote).

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 8.46.11 PM.png

Am I to understand that this is not the case and that we are also charged the $7/month for the GW, even though it says included?

Thanks

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I am looking at my first bill, and I do not see any equipment charges listed. My question is are the bills pre-paid or post-paid? My billing date is saying that it is from 03/31-03/31 (my install date was that day), but I am being charged an entire month, plus $4 for the date of 3/31, which makes me think that I am paying for the entire month of April plus a surcharge for 1 day of March?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I called customer service and got them to remove the HSI equipment fee (permanently) as my signup snap like post above said equipment was included in the $120.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

themcfreak - Re: My question is are the bills pre-paid or post-paid? pre-paid.

The first bill is the only one that includes post-paid for the time from install to bill date. In your case one day.

All bills for monthly service are for the coming billing period.

When you cancel a refund is issued for the unused period.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.