Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
artconway's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 4th, 2016 9:23 PM

Getting "noAuthz" error on Roku for FXNow, AMC and Syfy apps

I am a Roku 3 owner using AT&T U-Verse internet service.

On my Roku device, I have the following channels installed: FXNow, AMC and Syfy.

Previously, I was able to login into each of these apps by entering an activation code generated on the Roku into an activation webpage for each channel (fxnetworks.com/activate for FXNow, amc.com/activate/ for AMC, and syfy.com/roku for SyFy) and watch full episodes.  This had been working for about 3-4 months.

However, starting Nov 1st, 2016, I was logged out of each of these apps and when I attempted to log back into each, I am given a "noAuthz" error message on the Roku for each channel.

I have attempted to call into AT&T customer support but it seems no agent can understand my exact issue.  They either think it is a problem with my actual internet service (it's not as I am still able to be online and stream via using other Roku channels such as Netflix and HBONow) or a problem with my Roku device (again, other channels work fine).

Has anyone else experenced this issue and if so, how can it be resolved?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Do you have uverse or direct tv? I've had the same issue since my att internet and direct tv account merged. I've figured out some of the tv apps will take the att uverse log in but others you like AMC you have to log in direct tv but use your att.net log in info.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same issues. It just started this last week. I used to be able to enter my authorization code and provider no problem. Now nothing works except my Amazon prime, and everything else I get No Authz error message. I haven't changed or messed with anything either. It's so frustrating. Does anyone know what to do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem with both Roku and FireStick. I can connect to a lot of other applications just fine, but the AMC and the U-Verse app fail to log in with the same "noAuthz" message. I ATT U-Verse, internet with DirecTV. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here, anyone get it fixed? Or is this just another issue that bieng a "valued AT&T customer" has to live with?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue for the first time.  I just added the Hallmark Channel to my Roku, but I can't play anything even though it *says* I'm signed in.  Very frustrating!  If anyone comes up with a solution, please come back and share it with the rest of us!

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I may have a solution...

On a device connected to the router either hard or wifi, type in 192.168.1.254 (default gateway) in the web browser. Hit enter. Let the page load up. Select "wi-fi" on the left column. When this is finished loading look about a couple lines down (should be a grey band) and find a link "IPV6". Select that. Now uncheck "enable" and then "save". You will be asked for a device access code which is located on the side of your modem. I sincerely hope this helps. My tech ID is ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I tried the IPV6 disable as stated above, this did not work.  This is so frustrating.  Freeform, like the others, is a free channel and I can't watch anything on it.  noAuthz code 006-004-403....please AT&T figure this out.  You may lose another customer because of this.  I pay good money for this service. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but, by doing the activation process from my phone while turning off the WiFi & just using data, did the trick for me.

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Good stuff. Sometimes the oddest things work...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So has anyone figured out a solution? I got rid of my expensive cable/channel option through UVERSE. Have had my roku 3 for some time and have always had this issue. Would love to be able to watch shows (kind of why I bought the darn thing).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.