Disputed Charge

Contributor

Disputed Charge

I have AT&T DSL service in my home now. I want to upgrade to High Speed. When I tried to order the high speed I was told that I will first have to pay an old charge of $162.10. This was a disputed charge from 2011. I had home phone and internet service in an apartment I was only going to be in for about 6 months. At the time, I asked if I had to agree to a contract and was told no. Then after I moved and discontinued service I received a bill for early termination. I did not agree to a contract and made it clear I did not think I owed the charge. 

When I moved into my present apartment last year, the old bill was not mentioned and I had DSL service installed here. Now that I wanted to upgrade, I have recieved a bill for $162.10. The pdf bill even shows a due date of Sept. 14, 2011. Calling did no good. Who can I talk to about this? I want to stay with AT&T, but I think this charge is unfair.

Thanks,

Kerry

Message 1 of 2 (487 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Disputed Charge

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

See if they can get you fixed up.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)