Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
BBoomer's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 6:31 AM

Charges on Bill

I was looking at my bill.  I just had ATT services for internet and Uverse TV on March 20, 2014.  Can  you please explain to me what these charges are on my bill?  I live in San  Jose, CA.  And basically the County Sales Tax and District Tax  are the same...8.75%.  State tax in CA is based on  counties .  . I think I should not be charged local sales tax because I  did not sign up for phone service.  And only tv and internet service has the state sales tax.    Correct  me if  I am  wrong.

CA County District Sales Tax

CA County Sales Tax

CA State Sales Tax

I  do not get it.  County  District Sales Tax and County Sales  Tax?   Plus State Sales Tax? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

Every state, every county, every city adds taxes to any and each of the services.  These taxes are set and approved by each governing body (state legislature, county board, city council).

No one at ATT can explain them since they are legislated in each state/county/city.

For answers, ask your State legislature/County Commissioners/City Council rep.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Will do.    And  I  do  understand that every state, city  or  country sets these taxes but I am sure there must be an explanation to this .  Being a taxpayer I  think  I have the right to know  what these taxes are for and you are right this is not the place to ask the question but I am pretty sure that ATT knows  a bit about this  . I am  not  that person who would  want  to whine  and complain about  everything.  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@BBoomer wrote:

Will do.    And  I  do  understand that every state, city  or  country sets these taxes but I am sure there must be an explanation to this .  Being a taxpayer I  think  I have the right to know  what these taxes are for and you are right this is not the place to ask the question but I am pretty sure that ATT knows  a bit about this  . I am  not  that person who would  want  to whine  and complain about  everything.  

You do have the right to know and if you are curious enough, you will have to find out these things by asking your state representative, county commissioner or city councilman.

The states/counties/cities levy these taxes, not ATT.  ATT just passes them on to us, the consumer.  Smiley Mad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.