Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
localsearchguy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 11:46 PM

Cannot Cancel Order for iPhone 4s

I placed an order for an iPhone 4s on 10/21 and today 10/22 I decided I needed to cancel the order.  Since then I've been to the Apple store, which told me to go to the AT&T store, who told me to call customer service.  Customer service was rude to me and did not give me satisfaction.  I just called customer service back and was treated much better until I was transferred to the Premier Business Account Management line- which was closed at the time.  I can understand if an order has shipped, but I only placed the order one day ago.  It may be an inconvinience for them to cancel the order, but transferring a customer to an answering machine that hangs up is not customer service.

Is anyone else having problems cancelling an order for iPhone 4s?

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi localsearchguy,

Thank you for participating within the AT&T Business Community.  We will need to review your order to be able to assist you.  We have sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to send us your account information.

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi localsearchguy,

Thank you for sending me your account information.  Someone will be contacting you shortly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for contacting.  A reply asking me to call Premier Support, without listing the phone number, is not ideal, but I do appreciate the fast attention. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I experienced exactly the same situation. However I placed my preorder on October 11th.  I went into the brick and mortar store today (10-26) to attempt to cancel the order, which is what  the ATT CSR rep said I would have to do.  The salesman that assisted me, at the Bidwell store in Folsom, CA. indicated it was not possible to cancel the order. Not that he would check for me...just that it was not possible. I politely advised him that the receipt indicates a 30 return policy but he insisted it didn't apply.  As I was leaving I mentioned I was going to continue to try since these forums are filled with folks cancelling preorders but he looked at me like I was crazy.

I contacted a complaint line and she said she would try to cancel the order for me by contacting the store on my behalf but the store refused to help even her. It boggles my mind how a company can advertise a 30 return policy but refuse to honor it. There has to be someone that can help all of us experiencing this issue.  

I was told by this very helpful rep that she would try to get it cancelled for me and felt my frustration. Meanwhile, I will continue to try to get this done because i have the exact phone I ordered with ATT waiting for me at the Apple store. I was going to continue with the ATT service but  Verizon is looking very good right now!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I had a similar experience today at the Homer, AK ATT store. I ordered a iphone 4s 16gb black, and was told it would be a 2-3 week delay.  When I got home, I received a confirmation email that it would be a 3-4 week delay.  I called back the store immediately to cancel the order, but they told me they could not do it, and should call Customer Care 800-331-0500. Customer care tld me they could not cancel an order placed at a store, and should talk to them. I told customer care to talk to their store, which they did, and finally they told me that only "system limitations" prevent them from canceling the ordeer. He also said that the store and customer care were different sales channels, and they could not cancel each others' orders.  This seems to be a lot of corporate double-talk, and the bottom line is that they want to hang on to my money.

I asked customer care if they can cancel my ATT accoun, and they said that they would hate to lose me as a customer because of this situation, but they would be able to.  I'm really disappointed with ATT.  There should be someone sitting above these two departments who can solve this problem.  Or should I switch to Verizon???  Is someone from ATT listening to its customers??? 

Not finding what you're looking for?