Explore & discover

Helpful Links

prompted to set network location when connecting from PLAP

Employee

prompted to set network location when connecting from PLAP

I connected Free WiFi from the PLAP in Vista. Once connected I logged onto the Windows Desktop. Once on the desktop, I was prompted to Set Network Location for Network 3.  I do not get this prompt when connecting from desktop.

The Windows Vista Set Network Location awareness dialog is displayed when making a 802.11 connection from the PLAP the first time a connection is made. Usually, the client will automatically set the network type to public when making new network connections by updating a “Current User” setting. However, this cannot be done from the PLAP because there is no current user logged on at the time the 802.11 connection was made. You should typically just select the location as public. This dialog is displayed the first time a user connects to a new network location and only impacts PLAP connections.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 1
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support