Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
EarlyAdopter1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 28th, 2013 6:26 PM

Windows 8.1 upgrade kills AT&T Vpn client

Took the time to google to see if anyone was reporting issues.

Turns out no one has complained yet, so I thought I'd upgrade.

Starting with  with version 9.3.2, I went to the store and crossed my fingers.

Now getting errors about device drivers missing etc.

Trying a uninstall re-install.

Best guess is I'm restoring to Windows 8 tonight, I'll post a follow on if I get it resolved. 

Windows 8.1 not yet supported.....

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

@The friendly folks at At&t.

Any chance you can give an idicative date for when support for windows 8.1 may become available - beta or otherwise? 

Recovery is really ugly if anyone were to upgrade, and Microsoft is sending popup telling users to upgrade.

Kind Regards.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Well.... that wasn't a good idea.

Laptop ended up in an unstable state. It tried to auto recover a few times and then died with repeated blue screens following the de-install. So if you do upgrade... don't uninstall until you are ready to rebuild.

Figured out I didn't have a USB boot stick... arg. Created one, reimaged back to Windows 8.

New operating systems in general and Windows 8.1 with AT&T vpn.... a mighty bad idea.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

In my case, uninstalling AT&T Global Client, and reinstalling an older version that was compatible with Windows 8.0 did the trick.

In my case, I fully unisntalled the broken installation (broken by Windows 8.1), and reintalled, after rebooting, the last correct version I had a backup of, in my case 9.1.0.3006. And that make it work again, after I used my credentials again.

Hope this helps you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

@lucho -  Thanks for taking the time to update the group on your success.

It emboldened me to take another shot at upgrading to Windows 8.1 

Before upgrading I uninstalled the VPN client. (Selecting the delete everything option) 

Then I ran the upgrade app  to upgrade  to Windows 8.1. After some waiting, I downloaded and installed the 9.3.2 VPN installer.

..... and...... It works with Windows 8.1.

Thanks again. All is good.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Good to know that it worked also with you! It seems Windows 8.1 just breaks the installation, but if you uninstall and re-install a current version (or a little older one like the one I installed), it will work!
Not finding what you're looking for?