Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
NancyKnows's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

547 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 4:31 PM

Version 8.1.2 Bluescreen on Win7 X86 / X64

by bennyh5 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:53 am

Since Dot Net 4.0 was realeased and installed we get hundreds of BS on our Dell Laptops. All Dell PC´s has no problems because AT&T is not installed on them. If we uninstall the 8.1.2 version and install 8.0.2 the X86 machines are running more stabel. If we uninstall AT&T client completely we have no problems on our clients. So please take a look on on the acutal client with dot Net 4.0 and fix the issue. The problem is on all Latitude models (we have since D420 each model in use).
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by fletcherj » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

This is exactly the problem I have been experiencing on my Server 2008 R2 box and commented about in another thread. It's a brand new Dell R410 server with Dot Net 4.0 which ran fine until we installed the 8.1.2 dialer, and now we experience random BSODs with no apparent pattern.
I would very much like to see this issue addressed.

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by bennyh5 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:30 am

We have now open a ticket at AT&T, but it seems that this will take time . I think they have to check or redesign thier programming inside the client. A workaround for all who have the same problem is to install 8.0.2 version on the clients. This combination makes not problems. But for X64 Bit systems there is no workaround at the moment. They make also trouble if you have 8.0.2 installed. And we need the 8.1.X, because of using USB UMTS sticks with AT&T client. The only thing we can do is to wait for AT&T programmers............................... Hopefully they find a fast solution.

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by kholdaway » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 am

I am seeing the same problem with 8.1.2. It was bluescreening frequently. I uninstall and reverted to a previous version.

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by bennyh5 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 am

Hi guys,

here is a possbile workaround:

comment from anwer of the AT&T engineer:

"I provided the dump files to labs for analysis, but we believe this is a known issue as a result of a new driver for NDIS6. The problem seems to exist on machines where:
- 'Large Send Offload' option is enabled on the Advanced tab of the properties of the network adapter in Device Manager. The problem is addressed in v8.2 of the client which we expect to be able to provide a public beta for in the near future. In the meantime, the above option can be disabled to see if the random blue screens stop.
- The user has uploaded a large amount of data.
Again, go into Device Manager, right click on the ethernet adapter and go to properties. Click the advanced tab and look for an option that says 'Large Send Offload. If this is enabled, try setting it to disabled and see if the problem clears."
Not finding what you're looking for?