Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
helloganesh's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2013 8:26 PM

Unable to install/repair/uninstall AT&T Net Client 7.0.2

when i try to install the at&t global network client managed vpn premium edition, it stop at driver installation and rollback the installation.

here is the installation log

DIFXAPP: INFO:   Copied 'agnwifi.inf' to driver store...
DIFXAPP: INFO:   Commiting queue...
DIFXAPP: INFO:   Copied file: 'C:\Program Files\AT&T Global Network Client\agnwifi\agnwifi.sys' -> 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\agnwifi_6DC72E988C6BFD1D3BE3746D4A3AC0053AC2B617\agnwifi.sys'.
DIFXAPP: INFO:   installing network driver 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\agnwifi_6DC72E988C6BFD1D3BE3746D4A3AC0053AC2B617\agnwifi.inf'
DIFXAPP: ERROR:  Error 0x800F020B encountered while installing the inf 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\agnwifi_6DC72E988C6BFD1D3BE3746D4A3AC0053AC2B617\agnwifi.inf'. Unable to install network component 'att_agnwifi'
DIFXAPP: ERROR:  Failed to install the network driver INF C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\agnwifi_6DC72E988C6BFD1D3BE3746D4A3AC0053AC2B617\agnwifi.inf. Error code 0x643
DIFXAPP: ERROR:  The driver installation failed. Attempting to undo system changes ... (Error code 0x643: Fatal error during installation.)
DIFXAPP: ERROR:  Error 0x800F020B encountered while uninstalling the inf 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\agnwifi_6DC72E988C6BFD1D3BE3746D4A3AC0053AC2B617\agnwifi.inf'. Couldn't apply the changes after uninstalling att_agnwifi.
DIFXAPP: ERROR:  During undo of install, error 0x643 encountered while trying to uninstall the driver.
DIFXAPP: INFO:   Successfully removed {8E0BF906-B14C-4CC5-B10C-51C9A54F764C} from reference list of driver store entry
DIFXAPP: INFO:   Driver Store entry  removed.
DIFXAPP: INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0x643)
DIFXAPP: ERROR encountered while installing driver package C:\Program Files\AT&T Global Network Client\agnwifi\agnwifi.inf
DIFXAPP: InstallDriverPackages failed with error 0x643
Action ended 11:56:21: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 11:56:21: Rollback. Rolling back action:

please let me know the solution for this issue

Accepted Solution

Employee

• 

587 Messages

11 years ago

7.0.2 has not been supported since June 2010.   Please uninstall this version and reinstall a supported version.

Please see support matrix:

http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/windows/documentation/product_support_matrix.pdf

If you are using a custom kit, please contact your company to get the latest version.

If you are using the default version, you can download the latest AGNC on our website

http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/windows/

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I downloaded the latest version and tried to install but same result. please refer to the install log attached

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

587 Messages

11 years ago

It seems like it may not be completely uninstalled.

Please follow the manual uninstall procedures below:

Manual Removal Steps

1. Navigate to START-> Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs, select the AT&T Net Client.  If present, highlight AT&T Global network client and click CHANGE.  Select

REMOVE and select the option to remove all user settings from this computer.
Reboot the workstation.

2. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> Network Connections.
In the LAN or High-Speed Internet section find the entry for Local Area Connection.
Right click on the entry and select “properties”.
Scroll down the list of items in the “This connection uses the following items” section.  Look for AGN Filter interface and AT&T Wi-Fi Support Driver
If you see either highlight that entry and select uninstall.
Reboot the workstation if you had to uninstall either or both entries.  Otherwise move on to step 3

3. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices". 
Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters and look for ‘AGN virtual network adapter’ or any AGN component listed. 
If either or both of these entries exist, right click on the entry and select ‘Uninstall’
Reboot the workstation if either or both entries were uninstalled.  Otherwise move on to step  4.

4. Download the Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301?wa=wsignin1.0
   This URL http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall  takes you directly to the tool which URL should we use?
   NOTE – your PC will reboot after running the below procedure

After downloading the utility run the installation.
 After the installation is complete an option will appear select Detect problems manually.
 A question then appears asking if you are having a problem installing or uninstalling select Uninstall.
 Select any products containing the words “AT&T Global Network Client”
 After selecting these entries click on YES to uninstall and cleanup
 Leave defaults to uninstall and click NEXT

5. Right click on START -> EXPLORE
Click  on the “Tools” drop down menu, and select  “Folder Options”.   This will bring up a widow with three (3) tabs. Click on the center tab titled 'View'. On the

Advanced Settings list you will see an option titled 'Hidden Files and Folders' make sure that the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' radio button is selected. Click on

Apply in the bottom right hand corner and then OK.

Delete the directory C:\Program Files\AT&T Global Network Client

Delete the AGNS folder from C:\Documents and Settings\"logged in user name**"\Local Settings\Application Data\

** Logged in user name generally refers to the user name you log onto the windows desktop with

Please check each username defined under Documents and Settings for any instance of the AGNS folder including the “All Users” folder
*** We have found instances where AGNS existed under other computer names such as Administrator, so please ensure all AGNS folders have been deleted.

After this is completed close out Windows Explorer

6. Go to Start, run and type in regedit and click ok.
Delete the following keys if present:

HKey Local Machine -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AGNFILTMP  or Anything that begins with ATT_
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AVPNNIC
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnfilt
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnwif
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] avpnnic
HKey Users - .Default -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Current User -] Software -] AGNS 

*** If any registry key cannot be deleted, right click on the key and select permissions.  Check the full control option under ALLOW then click OK. Retry deleting the

registry key.

Close regedit

7. REBOOT your workstation.

8. Install the AT&T Global Network Client.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, I tried to perform the steps but I am stuck at step no.2. I don't see any option to check which driver is using AGN. my OS is windows XP. attaching the screenshot of network properties

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

587 Messages

11 years ago

I checked the screenshot you sent and the AGN Filter interface and AT&T Wi-Fi Support Driver are not present any more.

They were removed during the uninstall process which should happen.    In some circumstances, it doesn't and that why we have you check.   I would move on to sStep 3.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I tried to uninstall AGN virtual network adaptor but failed. attaching the screenshot.

it says reboot required, I have rebooted and tried again but same error message apprears.

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

587 Messages

11 years ago

Since it is not allowing you to remove it manually try Step 4  the Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility.  

Let me know if that removes it.

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I tried fix the issues with microsoft utility but it did not detect any errors. attached the screenshot

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i met this problem.
Not finding what you're looking for?